Shooting buddy needed - York

metalmic

Hi, I am new to the sport and my wife could do with a break from pressing buttons for me.  Anyone around York in the same position?   I have tried sporting and skeet (and even hit one or two) but am definitely in the novice category so far.  I would prefer to shoot on week days as I am lucky enough to have retired, if you are in the same boat as me or are more experienced but would appreciate the extra practice please get in touch.  I am nearest the grounds at Rufforth but can travel a reasonable distance. 

Hi metalmic,

I am still working full time but quite often at Hazel Bank in Knaresborough on a Saturday with my brother and Dad. The club always welcome new comers and ensure you have people to go around with.

When I first started Mark and Justine at Hazel Bank introduced me to some other people of a similar level to go round the ground with and made other introductions so that when I turned up by myself there were already familiar faces to speak too. A very friendly and welcoming ground for any one of any ability arriving on their own.

They also have other shoots in Yorkshire that I believe mid week also?! But good place to start and meet some new people, you will soon gets invites all over I would have thought! 

Might see you there!

Thanks all, 

I have been to Hazel Bank and agree they are very friendly so may call back and see if I can hook up with someone there.  I appreciate the offer of a weekend meeting but I a trying to keep the weekends free, though I am retired my children aren't :-) and I like to be available for family stuff.  Marne sounds interesting but a bit far out though, as I mostly travel by motorcycle, it would be a nice ride and plenty of chances for a scenic detour on the way home.  Perhaps when it is a little warmer.

The coach at Rufforth is a friendly and helpful chap so I might talk to him.  I only started shooting at the back end of last year so am looking to get into it properly this year.  I would also be up for some pigeons too of course but want to get my eye in on the clay versions first.

Thanks guys