Bedlington X Whippet bitch pup wanted.

jam1e

As above, i'm after a Beddy x Whippet pup. Must be KC registered, wormed and de-flea'd and chipped if possible. And i'll need to see both Sire and Dam. And if possible a picture of their 'union'

Send me a PM or email me on jamie.s5706@gmail.com

Cheers

Chaz.

I've always had rescue dogs so i have little knowledge of what can or can not be registered as KC. 

I was also told i would get negative comments by 'dog snobs'. His words not mine. 

All i'm after is a bedlington whippet. I don't care about people calling them a 'mongrel'  And i was advised as to what i should look out for. And have seen adverts stating 'KC' registered, be that false or not...

So please, if you can't leave constructive comments, don't reply at all.

Thanks

Any KC reference to a crossbreed will be false and should be avoided ....not the dog, the breeder, I almost put a l there instead of r.  

Many cross breeds today are better than the close bread 'mongrels'  eg snipey nosed so called labradors with a greyhound gait.  I have seen some absolutely superb cross bred dogs, from GSP/Labs to Cockerpoos.  

I have little good to say about the Kennel Club. 

Bed/whippet cross..cracking little dog, hope you find one.

39 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

Any KC reference to a crossbreed will be false and should be avoided ....not the dog, the breeder, I almost put a l there instead of r.  

Many cross breeds today are better than the close bread 'mongrels'  eg snipey nosed so called labradors with a greyhound gait.  I have seen some absolutely superb cross bred dogs, from GSP/Labs to Cockerpoos.  

Thanks. Much appreciated.

Maybe you have miss understood Jam1e, you can't kc register a lurcher but both the parents can be kc registered dogs, so you know your getting a first cross bed/whippet and not say a lurcher cross whippet.

also as to the mongrel comments if someone selects and breeds a dog such as a lurcher from dogs they know its a world away from an unknown sire and dam.

5 hours ago, Mice! said:

Maybe you have miss understood Jam1e, you can't kc register a lurcher but both the parents can be kc registered dogs, so you know your getting a first cross bed/whippet and not say a lurcher cross whippet.

also as to the mongrel comments if someone selects and breeds a dog such as a lurcher from dogs they know its a world away from an unknown sire and dam.

Thanks for the reply Mice. Apologies if i'm being dim here, but i don't fully understand your post.

Would i be right in thinking a 'pure' Bedlington Terrier could be KC registered. And a pure Whippet could also be KC registered. And if they mated, that would give me a 'first cross Bed/Whippet' Is that right? Or does it just mean the parents of the puppy?

I've found and advert that says ' F1 Bedlington X Whippet'. What does the F1 mean??

Cheers

Edited by jam1e

15 hours ago, Walker570 said:

Walker570. Why do you not like the'Kennel Club'? It's all new to me so i'd appreciate some constructive advice.

Cheers.

2 hours ago, jam1e said:

' F1 Bedlington X Whippet'.

First cross is known a an F1 hybrid

1 hour ago, jam1e said:

Why do you not like the'Kennel Club'? It's all new to me so i'd appreciate some constructive advice.

The kennel club has destroyed most working breeds by going for their view on looks/lines rather than can it do the job it is supposedly bred for  -  ref Bulldogs, pugs, german shepherds  etc   -this includes the problem with many Labs with hip and eye problems where they have effectively been inbred for looks.

Edited by Yellow Bear

4 hours ago, jam1e said:

Thanks for the reply Mice. Apologies if i'm being dim here, but i don't fully understand your post.

Would i be right in thinking a 'pure' Bedlington Terrier could be KC registered. And a pure Whippet could also be KC registered. And if they mated, that would give me a 'first cross Bed/Whippet' Is that right? Or does it just mean the parents of the puppy?

I've found and advert that says ' F1 Bedlington X Whippet'. What does the F1 mean??

Cheers

on the money mate, and what yellow bear says above, a lot of breeds are a shadow of what they once were and couldn't do what they were originally bred for, some can't even have pups without a vets help.

And do you want it as a pet because you like the look of them or do you want it as a working dog.If you want a working dog you should be looking for working parents rather than KC registered parents as a lot of KC stuff have no working ability whatsoever

Thanks for the replies folks. The main reason is we love the breed, and find find the a lovely dog, with a nice temperament.

And maybe just come shooting with me for company, any more would be great!

I found and picked up my little 'Poppy' from Newcastle Under Lyme yesterday. She's a first cross Whippet X Bedlington Terrier. And very lively! She came with full details, and my wife and i are very pleased.

However, i have a question. This tiny little bundle is scaring my 4 year old Spaniel cross!    My Bedy cross keeps chasing my Spaniel X around the house. Ending numerous times in my Spaniel X growling and showing her teeth at the Bedy pup close up. Which caused the Bedy to run for the hills the first couple of times. Then she got it into her head that my Spaniel X was only doing it as she was 'playing'. As a result i'm finding the Bedy chasing the Spaniel X around and hearing lots of growling from my Spaniel X. 

Is this normal? From memory it is..... But i'll worried my Bedy may push it too far causing my Spaniel X to bite her. Albeit, it's never happened with our other dogs, when the Spaniel met our little terrier who had to be put to sleep.

Should i just let them get on with it, and let them sort it all out themselves. Or should i be more cautious about any possible fighting?

Constructive replies would be very welcome!! :)

Poppy.jpg

Thanks Stumfelter. It was a planned mating of a pedigree Bedy Terrier, and a pedigree Whippet. They sold so quick! While i was picking a pup, she was called non stop sorting times for other perspective buyers. 

I'm chuffed to bits with her. We took both dogs to a neutral place and they raced around playing like mates playing and have been the same since returning home. Great to watch! I'm Smitten to say the least! :yahoo: