Last day today

vmaxphil

Last day today I'm now retired, taken early retirement at 60 technically I'm on 14 days leave. I've been working for the n h s for 21 years in maintenance, didn't even get a goodbye from the boss or anybody else only a goodbye from my workmate who had today off, nhs cuts I suppose

1 hour ago, vmaxphil said:

Last day today I'm now retired, taken early retirement at 60 technically I'm on 14 days leave. I've been working for the n h s for 21 years in maintenance, didn't even get a goodbye from the boss or anybody else only a goodbye from my workmate who had today off, nhs cuts I suppose

you have much more important things to concern yourself with now , get some shooting sorted out and enjoy your free time :good::good:

Did the same 5 years ago, though a least my Governor invited me in for coffee and a thank you after time served.

First things first, alarm clock into the bin, not required anymore.

Now relax for a week because you will never have time to yourself , 5 years on and l don't know where it's gone.

But tomorrow is a shooting day, and so is every other if l can swing it with SWMBO.

Enjoy.

1 hour ago, vmaxphil said:

Worry Not Phil ,21 years working for the same French company im a replaceable end of,forget those who ignored you and enjoy life once the family know your retired you,l never be out of work atb

Similar thing happened to me years ago, worked for the same company for 14 years...... Put into others leaving whip rounds/weddings all that time,

Got told at 4 o'clock 7 of us were being made redundant, (shift finished at 7)

No whip round for us :no:

It was as if we had the plague..... As if anyone spoke to us they would be next, to be honest it did rile me at the time but then thought **** 'em, still mates with a couple but that's it.

Moved on.....turned out the best thing that could have happened

:shaun:

I know it’s different but I studied joinery at college for 3 years. On the last day I walked out without talking to anyone. I speak to one out of 25 as they aren’t important in my life. 

I wouldn’t worry . Maybe jealousy ??? 

My dads 66 and working full time. I hate him to stop completely to be honest. I just see many slip away after retirement inc my grandad. 2 years :( 

11 hours ago, vmaxphil said:

Mine was 13 months ago now, and I was a few months short of my 60th.  I had a nice 'send off' from colleagues and management and a very nice retirement gift (shooting related to reflect my interests).  I keep in touch with a few (ex) colleagues, just as I have with some who left or retired before me.

I have thoroughly enjoyed my time since.  I do hope that you enjoy your new life.

Welcome to the club.  I ducked out of the rat race at 55 after having worked for the same family company for 30 years, with out a thank you. Sometimes you will want to go back to work "for a rest" Family and mates seem to want to help you fill up your day (NOOOOO).  Now got all the time I want to devote to my grand kids and messing about shooting and reloading. A whole new world has just dawned for you with the only pressures being ones you make. Enjoy and live long.