Miroku MK38 Teague or a CG Maxum

Nathanp1

Was all set to buy a CG Maxum until I was offered a mint MK38 grade 5 teague 30” yesterday!  Everybody praises the Mirokus handling and reliability.......

question is, if you were to buy one of them as an all round game/clay gun, which would you buy!?

price is important, but the handling, reliability and performance are more so......

have your say.........

Edited by Nathanp1

Most of the PW massif seem to be Miroku/Browning fans but the difficulty choosing MK38s is that there are so many variations in fit, balance and handling. The trap models with the higher comb and fixed chokes are well liked by sporting clay shooters, but if you like nose heavy guns with agricultural triggers - as many on here seem to - then go for the Miroku Teague. If you like loads of engraving, good balance, smooth operation and excellent triggers go with the Maxum.

Reliability isn't an issue with either.

On 27/01/2018 at 10:33, Nathanp1 said:

Was all set to buy a CG Maxum until I was offered a mint MK38 grade 5 teague 30” yesterday!  Everybody praises the Mirokus handling and reliability.......

question is, if you were to buy one of them as an all round game/clay gun, which would you buy!?

price is important, but the handling, reliability and performance are more so......

have your say.........

I've had my MK38 grade three for over ten years now, I Have also bought and sold many other makes including Berettas. Still love my MK38.