Which BSA ???

Blackandgold

I've got the xl in .22. It' very very accurate and shoots around 60 or so shots on a full charge of air. Not too heavy and quite pointable. 

Free hand I shoot under half inch out to 40 metres easily.  Rested and it can poke them all through pretty much the same hole out to 45 metres (measured) with jsb exacts. 

With the hw silencer shes not too noisey. 

Sorry. Been a while getting to this thread .I've just moved house today. :good:

To be fair ive only handled the bsa ultra xl .in my local shop when it first came out .I haven't actually shot it .

So my opinion isnt the while story by any stretch . But for what it's worth I wasn't impressed (Possibly why I've not got one ) I felt compared to the se .it's a poor relation .It feels like a gammo and not a bsa  at all . ( cos it is ). 

It felt to me like a cost cutting exercise. By bsa who farmed out the production to a cheaper spanish work force .( Says made in the eu on the gun , not UK)

This is reflected in the price .

Tho to be fair .It still has bsa s amazing cold forged barrel (hardly gets much better ) and a well made stock .

Though can't really figure out why they called it an ultra at all as its the same size as a scorpion. 

My recommendation is but the BETTER built ultra se .

If you want more shots buy a scorpions se  

Happy New home Ultra! 

I can only echo Ultra Stu's comments , as I own a R10SE Fac , and a Scorpion SE Tac . Both .22

The Scorpion is one hell of a gun !   So accurate , its been 'huma' regulated , but before this was done 

it was brilliant , the reg just gave me more shots.  The Scorpion se is just a bigger Ultra.

1 hour ago, Ultrastu said:

To be fair ive only handled the bsa ultra xl .in my local shop when it first came out .I haven't actually shot it .

So my opinion isnt the while story by any stretch . But for what it's worth I wasn't impressed (Possibly why I've not got one ) I felt compared to the se .it's a poor relation .It feels like a gammo and not a bsa  at all . ( cos it is ). 

It felt to me like a cost cutting exercise. By bsa who farmed out the production to a cheaper spanish work force .( Says made in the eu on the gun , not UK)

This is reflected in the price .

Tho to be fair .It still has bsa s amazing cold forged barrel (hardly gets much better ) and a well made stock .

Though can't really figure out why they called it an ultra at all as its the same size as a scorpion. 

My recommendation is but the BETTER built ultra se .

If you want more shots buy a scorpions se  

Mine says made in Birmingham England and last I looked was more expensive than the ultra se. 

That said it may struggle against a bsa r10 but them so does the price. 

Why they made an xl and a scorpion I don' know. There is little advantage to either. 

What i do know is that accuracy wise there is little between them. Having shot both side by side I feel qualified to say that. Shot count wise I don' know what the r10 gives but mine does a good 60. 

Whatever feels right to you I guess is the answer.

Edited by GingerCat
Typo

13 hours ago, Blackandgold said:

Thanks everyone for your input I think I will go for the ultra se with it being lighter and more compact it suits my needs better .

There are certainly a LOT more tuning parts for the se and mmc versions  (both use the same platform ) 

Than the total redesign of the xl .

So if you do fancy a reg or air tube or a million other bits and parts they are easy to get hold of. 

2 hours ago, bruno22rf said:

Seems rude not to mention the AAS200 . You might like to see the Airgungearshow review?

AA ??? airarms anonymous.

16 hours ago, Ultrastu said:

always fun moving house, hope it went well.

there is a an AA 410 on the sales section looks nice, then your in the gang:whistling:

Ikea nooooooooooo, I refuse to go, what sort of place has only one way in and out and you can't get your trolley to the car!!! But there building a new one near us, wife can't wait ?  

5 hours ago, Ultrastu said:

Cheers mice .

Yes we had a lot of hands helping so it was ok. 

Just got to find places to put every thing now .just on my way back from Ikea with extra storage. 

How many blokes did you have to hire to move your veritable selection of rifles? Was there an armoured convoy lol?

8 hours ago, bruno22rf said:

Seems rude not to mention the AAS200 :whistling:. You might like to see the Airgungearshow review?

Would that be the one where they compared the AA woodwork to an old cricket bat? It made me chuckle.

You have to use an S200 to understand it....the stock looks like it was made by a child, the trigger looks like a part that's fallen out of an Airfix kit , the Bolt feels like it would be more at home on an ancient stable door whilst the whole conglomeration of it's parts appear to be designed for some kind of deranged Umpa lumpa,  but take the trouble of actually hunting with one and then try and honestly admit that you are not rather smitten. 

I get it bcos they are actually made by CZ who are reknowned for making cheap but very good rifles e.g. CZ452, 455 etc. AA just add the marketing and whack up the price. It should really be called a CZ200. The performance demonstrated at 50 yards was hard to beat.

Bought the ZKM452 many years ago now and it looks/shoots like new so well made - actually only bought the CZ initially because they were the only company to give us the time of day at a Bisley event where we were looking for our first RF. I bought my son the S200 when he began shooting at the age of 10 and It soon became obvious that it would easily match my S410 in terms of accuracy, considering the S410's Lother barrel that's some accolade. Apologies to OP for straying off topic.