EICR cost

Wiggum

I was asked to provide a ball park price to carry out an EICR on a rental property and quoted them between £200 - £250 dependant on number of circuits etc, the customer then said there agents electrician does them for £100 ? I am struggling to see how they can make it pay if they are doing it correctly and thoroughly, or is it I’m over charging at the price I quoted ?. Any fellow sparkys think £100 is too cheap for the work involved ?

Just forget about doing them mate, I have. I had someone phone me up a few years back and I quoted around £200. They just laughed at me down the phone, said they could get one done for £70. I said to them why are you phoning me then, you won't get any cheaper than that? Some firms are doing them for £7 a circuit around here, not that they will be worth the paper they are written on, but as said they rely on making money on the remedial work.

There is no way you can do an EICR thoroughly for that kind of money, just filling in the report  takes long enough. That's why i decided not do them anymore, it's just not worth it.

2 hours ago, Wiggum said:

I was asked to provide a ball park price to carry out an EICR on a rental property and quoted them between £200 - £250 dependant on number of circuits etc, the customer then said there agents electrician does them for £100 ? I am struggling to see how they can make it pay if they are doing it correctly and thoroughly, or is it I’m over charging at the price I quoted ?. Any fellow sparkys think £100 is too cheap for the work involved ?

you've answered your own question there not doin em correctly for £100 if you base it on a standard 10 circuts.

how can you have a set fee with an unknown number of circuts.

you want a minimum of £20 a circut and thats cheap.

usual made up results written on toilet paper .

say thankyou for letting me quote and just move onto the next..

Edited by Remimax

Thanks guys pretty much what I was thinking to be fair I don’t do many as they can be a pain in the rear, and I did tell the customer that I’d be wary of what they were actually getting for £100 as it sounded way too cheap but I will let her decide what she wants to pay but suspect she will got for the cheapest so good luck to her.