Electric shower

steve_b_wales

I asked this question back last year, but can’t find the answers now. Our Triton shower has been playing up for months. When I go to switch it off, instead of it doing this, it starts up again. Does anyone know why this is happening and can parts be ought for it?

I don’t mind buying a new one but don’t want to damage the tiles etc.

4 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, what model TRITON shower steve ?  have you looked on google, some common faults are put on a few web sites,  

It's the Bezique. To be honest, it's around 8 years old and has had good use. I would buy new but can't get this model anymore, and don't want to damage tiles etc fitting a different one if possible.

I'll check Google later.

Thanks

36 minutes ago, davewh100 said:

is there some sort of a electrical board in side this maybe faulty just a thought

dave

I've looked at a diagram of all internal parts and there is a circuit board. If I remember correctly, when I asked about this problem last year, it was suggested that it could be the stabiliser valve. If all the internal parts work out less than a new shower, I may consider changing them.

4 minutes ago, galwymike said:

Does the water keep running without the motor running or is the motor still running?

I can't here any motor running, although I presume it is,as the water comes out of the spray head.I now have to switch it on/off by means of the isolator switch. As soon as power is fed to the unit, water comes out. If I press the 'off' button on the unit, nothing happens. In the past, this would work 6 out of 10 times.

If the water stops when you turn the isolator switch off I would say the power is bypassing the shower switch (possible dirt in the  contacts stopping the circuit from closing or just burnt out), if water still comes out with no power to shower the solenoid may be getting stuck (usually slows down over time and then stops after about five minutes}

If in doubt either get a pro in or fit a new shower (a new shower with a larger footprint will hide the problem with the tiles) water and leccy dont mix  

12 minutes ago, galwymike said:

If the water stops when you turn the isolator switch off I would say the power is bypassing the shower switch (possible dirt in the  contacts stopping the circuit from closing or just burnt out), if water still comes out with no power to shower the solenoid may be getting stuck (usually slows down over time and then stops after about five minutes}

If in doubt either get a pro in or fit a new shower (a new shower with a larger footprint will hide the problem with the tiles) water and leccy dont mix  

The water does stop when I turn the isolator switch off. I'll check the switch later.

Thanks. :good:

Get triton in to mend .you end up with a nearly  new shower and no messing about with tiles /wiring etc .

by the time you have changed this and that it will cost more 

Edited by Guest

2 hours ago, Dougy said:

8 year old shower ?

I'd be inclined to look at a replacement, you could fix this problem only to be faced with another in the near future. 

i would say this would be a better solution, has Dougy says mite be ok for a while not worth putting any more cash in to 8 years not bad at all cut you cost get new

Hi

I changed a Triton T80i for an equivalent model - Triton Technical were helpful in advising which models have the same layout of in/out, electrics etc. making for a straight swap out.

8yrs on I would be minded to replace with new and start afresh with warranty as likely as not something else will fail.

Mira also very good (my experience) - one off payment for some modules, came out 3 times as wasnt quite right.

L

43 minutes ago, Loki said:

Hi

I changed a Triton T80i for an equivalent model - Triton Technical were helpful in advising which models have the same layout of in/out, electrics etc. making for a straight swap out.

8yrs on I would be minded to replace with new and start afresh with warranty as likely as not something else will fail.

Mira also very good (my experience) - one off payment for some modules, came out 3 times as wasnt quite right.

L

Thanks. I'll contact Triton Technical tomorrow and ask them about the shower unit I have. If they can suggest one that has the same layout, then I'll buy one.

51 minutes ago, steve_b_wales said:

Thanks. I'll contact Triton Technical tomorrow and ask them about the shower unit I have. If they can suggest one that has the same layout, then I'll buy one.

You will probably find that the inlets for both Lecy and water are the same on the same make of shower. They have been for 2 Triton that I have had.