Game bag

bigmcg

I have a Brady Woodland game bag which used to be my dads and is in danger of falling apart as it is now close to 40 years old. 

I like the Brady bags and don’t mind paying the money for another if it’s going to last the same time, but I also saw these 

https://www.gunslips.co.uk/product.html?prid=86 

have any of the pw massive had any of there products and would you rate them compared to Brady stuff?

thanks 

Must admit the only type of game bag I'd consider now is the Montrose bag company PvC type, look horrible. Game and country at Selkirk sell a similar 1 too.

Almost all the keepers and pickers up all use them

But last for years and cope with a lot of heavy work and a decent size too.

It might depend wot u want it for thou, or how u use it. Do u stuff it full of birds or just the odd 1 and ur lunch

Edited by scotslad

On 1/29/2018 at 15:00, bigmcg said:

I have a Brady Woodland game bag which used to be my dads and is in danger of falling apart as it is now close to 40 years old. 

I like the Brady bags and don’t mind paying the money for another if it’s going to last the same time, but I also saw these 

https://www.gunslips.co.uk/product.html?prid=86 

have any of the pw massive had any of there products and would you rate them compared to Brady stuff?

thanks 

Have you not thought about a repair by Brady?

I have just called them and they do provide this service. Take a photo and send it to sales@bradybags.co.uk, and they will let you know if and what they can do.

That was my first thought, I emailed Brady a few weeks ago and asked if they could refurb a game bag  this was the response;

“Unfortunately we don't. 

Bags of such an age have obviously deteriorated over time and working on them can be 'like opening a can of worms'.

Sorry to disappoint you.”

i guess they would repair a newer bag tho.

Aye figgy they are.

Can u take ur bag into a local cobbler?? See if they can fix it?

I've done that with a few game bags previously.

Must admit I tend to carry a few game carriers in my bag for carrying the game, takes the weight of ur bag, nice a cheap too and even better if u have had a big drive u can hand ur full carrier to others to carry

I've a Balmoral Game bag sold by Monarch Country Products. Made by Phil Ogden it's fabulous quality.

However this season I've been using a Seeland Retriever Vest. Far more comfortable and practical than a game bag. Cheaper options than the Seeland around  if you ebay "Gun Dog handlers vest."