Beretta 391 magazine spring.

Westley

Thanks Guys, I had not thought about trying to get one from outside UK.  I am fairly certain that it is the mag. spring because the entire gun is spotless, including the magazine tube, but it is always the last cartridge that is jamming. At the local clay ground last week, I could shoot the first target and then it would jam. I put 2 in the magazine which enabled me to shoot the pair, but the 3rd. round would then jam. I am guessing that the extra pressure on the spring of the 3rd. round in the magazine, allows the first 2 rounds to function normally, but then the weak spring is not allowing the final round to load correctly. The gun is a 2003 model and I do not think the spring has ever been exchanged.

4 hours ago, Westley said:

Thanks Guys, I had not thought about trying to get one from outside UK.  I am fairly certain that it is the mag. spring because the entire gun is spotless, including the magazine tube, but it is always the last cartridge that is jamming. At the local clay ground last week, I could shoot the first target and then it would jam. I put 2 in the magazine which enabled me to shoot the pair, but the 3rd. round would then jam. I am guessing that the extra pressure on the spring of the 3rd. round in the magazine, allows the first 2 rounds to function normally, but then the weak spring is not allowing the final round to load correctly. The gun is a 2003 model and I do not think the spring has ever been exchanged.

This is exactly what happened with my 391 Xtrema. When the gun starts to jam, I buy a new mag spring. I have done this twice now, and it cures the fault instantly.

Have a look at the piston holder on the barrel which is an integral part in making the second cartridge load correctly, there are small holes in it which get clogged up due to carbon.

I use a small metal drill bit and twist by fingers gently to remove the carbon, i think from memory there is also a hole that goes into the barrel which also clogs, same again with the drill bit.

I actually clean my piston in an ultrasonic cleaner that brings it up as new.

Just an option.