Worrying, but not surprising on BBC news.

catchthepigeonmutley

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surprised theyve got the energy to protest  fascists, feel free to believe what you wish but dont ram it down our throats and insist we live like you want to.What part of its a free country dont these creatures understand ,we have the right to live as we see fit within a set of laws and "rules" im pretty sure they dont include forcing others to do what you want 

16 minutes ago, labstaff said:

I saw them in Nottingham once protesting at the milk race. They didn't like me pointing out that if no one drank milk or ate beef there would be a lot less cows and that they're basically getting rid of cows.

Alot less?? You mean none. If we didn't eat them ir their byproduct then we have no need to farm them, simple as that. 

Theres a photo doing the rounds of a calf being shot at the minute...only it’s not. It’s being dehorned. And a horse being used for animal testing...only it’s not. It’s having its teeth rasped. And the anti wool one with the lamb that’s been brutally  hacked to death for its wool...only it’s not. Nobody shears lambs and it’s a rubber sheep. 

I rather suspect that this sort of minor protest has been going on in the background all through the years - remember the character played by Sir John Gielgud in the film "The Shooting Party".

The difference is they now have a major outlet for their propaganda in the form of the BBC - which has become a left biased organisation with a distinctly left of centre editorial bias.

They are westerners, where they have the luxury to be vegetarians and vegans. They have never known hunger nor what it’s like to live in a world on a day to day basis, where not knowing where their next meal is coming from us a reality. 

A sister of my OH did a stint with the Overseas Volunteer Organisation in Africa after graduating from uni’ many years ago. Her experiences made up an article in The Guardian at the time.

It was there she realised that her vegetarianism on moral grounds was both arrogant and pompous. The villagers diet consisted mostly of what small amounts they could grow, and meat didn’t feature on a weekly, nevermind daily basis. When one of the villages livestock died one of the elders would ring a bell and all the villagers would gather around the fallen animal and the meat shared out. 

She wasn’t a vegetarian when she came back, and by the way she tucked into our turkey at Christmas, has no intention of being one again.

Mm. Death threats towards someone carrying out a lawful activity?

How can the powers that be, allow this to go on? The law is in place supposedly to protect the law abiding?

Nothing seems fit for purpose anymore?

Edited by old man
Changed mind about an additional post.

What worries me, is when they've been protesting outside abattoirs, they demand 3 minutes to say goodbye to the animals, and the police present have in some cases made the drivers stop and let them have their 3 minutes!

It can only get worse, I've not got any animals to take in for slaughter for quite a while but it does worry me having possibility of protesters outside the gates when I try to get in. I don't think putting my foot down would be the solution either!

6 hours ago, Big Mat said:

What worries me, is when they've been protesting outside abattoirs

We got there before they did... the rhetoric they use on their placards is horrible I see from the website. Advice I was given is not to engage with them as you won't change their minds. They're fundamentalists and although they're concerned about animals with faces they probably don't give 2 hoots about the number of insects etc. that are killed to provide their food. I agree that treatment of farm animals is not always perfect and it is beneficial to have groups seeking improvements to poor standards but targeting a small abattoir like our local one that mainly deals with small producers such as myself will lead to the rare breeds becoming extinct

Radio 2's Jeremy Vine covered this yesterday (under 'Angry Vegans'). I was listening to it on catch up whilst driving home. It defies belief, it honestly does. The vegan they had on was so anti-meat that he came across as an extremist. This kind of mentality would keep me firmly in the meat eating camp, but not least because if I were confronted by one of these loons I would tell them I choose to be a meat eater because I have made the decision on numerous occasions in the past to shoot an animal for the table. 

The trouble is you could never have a sensible debate with these idiots as you'd never get past the emotional hogwash they like to spout off.

15 minutes ago, Doc Holliday said:

The vegan they had on was so anti-meat that he came across as an extremist

They ARE extremists. They deeply believe in their cause and though much of it defies logic, so does a lot of extremism. The difference between them and any other sort of fundamentalist is that vegans aren't doing it in the name of a deity.

Don't be fooled, they aren't all impressionable drippy teenage girls, there are some nasty ******** out there who fit every definition of terrorist you care to find

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2006/dec/08/animalrights.uknews

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/902751.stm

The young girl was totally out of her depth ( but full credit to her for having the courage to speak on national radio ) and when Vine mentioned rats it was clear she would crumble if pushed, not having thought through her logic.

As others have said, the bloke whom Vine interviewed ( who told Vine it wasn’t a ham sandwich he was eating but a dead pig sandwich ? ) simply shouted over others who wanted to express  opinions and facts which opposed his own, with an increasingly louder voice it has to be added. 

It may be worth pointing out that these people only campaign in those countries where they know it is safe to do so.