Worrying, but not surprising on BBC news.

catchthepigeonmutley

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The rot has already started, I've mentioned Luke Steele on here before. The ALF and other anti & vegan organisations disown him he's that bad.

A convicted criminal to boot yet, through a clever social media he has managed to get grouse shooting banned on the 8 days the syndicate called the Bingley moor partnership shot there as part of their  lease.

The CA and the Bingley moor partnership understandably kept quiet not wanting to cause any problems i assume but it was too late. We need to be on the front foot not the back one, be loud and proud about our sport and it's benefits.

As an aside, we call pork pies "Dead Pig Pies" 

The antis and vegans have a view, it's a free country so so are we. 

My 17 year old daughter drifts into and out of being veggie/vegan , wafting bacon or a nice bit of lamb under her nose usually pulls her back to the dark side though.
I think its a fashion thing more than anything, where as she says its a conscience thing.
My other daughter (15) has no such issues, and will devour anything.
Ive often said that I would like to see how far some of these true vegans would last if they had to fend for themselves, and live off the land,rather than the supermarket.
I remember the vegan in 'A streetcat named Bob' who was apparently a level 4 vegan (does not eat anything that casts a shadow) that narrows your choices down a bit !

There are levels to being a vegan? Holy cow! I though it was a blanket abstinence where any animal product or by-product was concerned. As for not eating anything that casts a shadow I'm struggling to think of anything other than air. Or maybe that should be air with no moisture in it as it may condense and form tiny clouds that may cast a shadow. 

Seriously, I would love to encounter some of these air heads, whether it be at a supermarket or my local butcher or fishmonger, as I would be seriously tempted in to goading them in to some kind of action. 

15 minutes ago, Doc Holliday said:

There are levels to being a vegan? Holy cow! I though it was a blanket abstinence where any animal product or by-product was concerned. As for not eating anything that casts a shadow I'm struggling to think of anything other than air. Or maybe that should be air with no moisture in it as it may condense and form tiny clouds that may cast a shadow. 

Seriously, I would love to encounter some of these air heads, whether it be at a supermarket or my local butcher or fishmonger, as I would be seriously tempted in to goading them in to some kind of action. 

Who knows, they probably make it up as they go along.

Made sausage and mash last night, daughter had quorn sausage.
You will do them in a different pan wont you ? she said, yeah course I will (not)
Sure she ended up with a pork one too, but she didnt notice, or care?

40 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Who knows, they probably make it up as they go along.

Made sausage and mash last night, daughter had quorn sausage.
You will do them in a different pan wont you ? she said, yeah course I will (not)
Sure she ended up with a pork one too, but she didnt notice, or care?

OMG, you knowingly fed a vegan a meat product, and admitted to the crime on social media.

I fear that you will now be hit with a torrent of vituperation and questions will be raised in the House

Edited by amateur

I think that's wrong. No, not you giving your daughter a pork sausage (that sounds wrong) but I mean the fact that these veggie options can call it a sausage. A sausage should contain a minimum of xx% meat to qualify being called a 'Sausage'. They (the EU) tried this stunt with British chocolate some years back because it contained a percentage of vegetable fat and that it should be called 'Vege-late'. 

I've tried veggie 'sausages' a long time again (Linda McCartny's - out of curiosity) and they are in no way a substitute for a proper banger. They are awful. I'd rather eat one of my dog's *****, which look surprising appealing as she has an amount of veg in with her raw food now to bulk it up. 

Someone i know just said how happy they were that MAC are changing there brushes to synthetic materials from animal hair.. Because its torturing animals to get the hair, shame most synthetic man made products are floating the oceans torturing animals as I type this... Are they just plane dumb... Seem to be soo blinkered into being captain planet they forget to get their fancy products animals still suffer... What would they do if their salads had catapilars and slugs on them.. Or are they allowed to be killed so the can have clean cabbage... 

12 hours ago, Doc Holliday said:

The trouble is you could never have a sensible debate with these idiots as you'd never get past the emotional hogwash they like to spout off.

Exactly.  I really don't think they're interested in in the plain facts.   All they can think about is getting everyone else to do as they themselves want.  They know that a picture is worth a thousand words and that the emotional pictures are an easy way of recruiting others to their cause who are just as easily led and incapable of seeing sense.

They are on a crusade, they are (amongst other things) idealists.....they don't think through (don't care as long as they get their way!) the consequences, if everyone turned vegan, there would be no need for meat, no need for milk products, no need for egg products, no need for fish or fish products, no need for leather and other animal biproducts............. in consequence, no need to farm animals! No pigs, no cattle, no sheep, no goats, no chickens, no ducks, no geese, no turkeys, no fish etc etc etc.......so farm animals become extinct as there is no reason (except in a zoo?) whatsoever to keep them!....the fish in the oceans and rivers would soon disappear as no one would spend any money on preserving and harvesting them....there would be no reason to! How does that save the animals? How then do we feed the world? Lentils, vegetables and synthetic protein? Without farm animals grazing our moors, marshes and fields how would our landscape fare? It would turn into empty, overgrown, barren scrub in no time!

Idiots!

19 hours ago, panoma1 said:

They are on a crusade, they are (amongst other things) idealists.....they don't think through (don't care as long as they get their way!) the consequences, if everyone turned vegan, there would be no need for meat, no need for milk products, no need for egg products, no need for fish or fish products, no need for leather and other animal biproducts............. in consequence, no need to farm animals! No pigs, no cattle, no sheep, no goats, no chickens, no ducks, no geese, no turkeys, no fish etc etc etc.......so farm animals become extinct as there is no reason (except in a zoo?) whatsoever to keep them!....the fish in the oceans and rivers would soon disappear as no one would spend any money on preserving and harvesting them....there would be no reason to! How does that save the animals? How then do we feed the world? Lentils, vegetables and synthetic protein? Without farm animals grazing our moors, marshes and fields how would our landscape fare? It would turn into empty, overgrown, barren scrub in no time!

Idiots!

I thought our land couldn't sustain that amount of crop growth anyway as it strips the soil of so much nutrients. and dont farmers use livestock to replenish the nutrients, so people could still inadvertently be supporting livestock farming when they think their not?

12 minutes ago, DannyS said:

I thought our land couldn't sustain that amount of crop growth anyway as it strips the soil of so much nutrients. and dont farmers use livestock to replenish the nutrients, so people could still inadvertently be supporting livestock farming when they think their not?

Vegans and the muck spreaders revenge eh! Lol!

20 hours ago, panoma1 said:

Idiots!

I think the fish would do just fine without human intervention, as they have done for milenia.:whistling:

Ive told my wife, when asked what the vegetarian option is, to reply  #### off

However, it takes a rational person a few minutes to realise that if we all became vegan there would be no farm animals left to save. how stupid/gullible are these people, as for not eating anything that casts a shadow, sounds like a good idea, it wouldnt be long before the world is rid of yet more fools

59 minutes ago, TriBsa said:

I think the fish would do just fine without human intervention, as they have done for milenia.:whistling:

I reckon your probably right...I was really referring to the commercially farmed fish and wild migratory ones in inland rivers....but without human intervention, who knows what would happen to an ever increasing population of wild fish in the oceans, nature would of course, find its own control measures with disease, pollution and predation........but if no one wanted fish to eat, whilst they may not disappear, they might as well, because in whose interest is it to look after them? And consequently who would really care what happens to them?