Worrying, but not surprising on BBC news.

catchthepigeonmutley

Ultimately, the intensive rearing of animals for food may radically diminish. But it will not be for the vegan argument of percieved cruelty, but rather the inefficient use of resources to produce protein when compared to alternatives like soya. That world population growth impetus will not be upon us for many years yet and the eating of meat is too culturally embedded for the vegans to have any real success with their argument in the present.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 30/01/2018 at 10:50, old man said:

Mm. Death threats towards someone carrying out a lawful activity?

How can the powers that be, allow this to go on? The law is in place supposedly to protect the law abiding?

Nothing seems fit for purpose anymore?

All the police were in their 'Crying Room'  did you read where a senior woman police officer is arranging a private room in her police stations(those that stiill exist) for her officers to go and have a little sob to themselves....

no I'm not making this up.

In my day these idiots would be wheeled infront of Magistrates for  'Behaviour Likely'.  Bound over to be of good behaviour for twelve months or else.

Edited by Walker570

I think the main point they miss is that animals are an efficient way of converting non-edible foliage into an edible end product.

I would like to see a vegan surviving for long on what grows natively in the UK.

Vegans rely on a mixture of technology and trade, without which they would quickly come back to meat just to survive.