Fishing in Florida

kennett

Morning all, not sure if anyone will know but worth a go! Heading to Florida next summer and looking to do a bit of fishing/exploring. Went last year and had a trip with a guide on a massive lake to catch big mouth bass which was great fun. However, driving about there were lakes and ponds literally everywhere! Here's the question, from what I can work out if there is no signage, and no fence you can fish anywhere you can get to, does anyone know for definite or know a good forum where I can find out? Would be fun to go exploring with a spinning rod and a few lures and see what I can pull out!

Edited by kennett

On 30/01/2018 at 10:06, Dunkield said:

I looked into this a few years ago and most advised joining the Florida fishing forum (not sure of its exact name but you will know when you find it, it is huge)

Thanks for that, I found this one forums.floridasportsman.com/categories it's worth a read just to see what an amazing way of life they all seem to have! Government initiatives to encourage MORE people to hunt and fish!

In the early 80s I had a holiday , my wife a friend who was a game keepr and his wife. We spent some time on Marco island and hired a boat locally there and they provided all the bait and rods etc. plus a map of the backwaters which form the western edge of the Everglades. They marked likely fishing spots and we just caught fish almost every cast for about four hours. All sorts of fish I did not recognise. Long time ago, I know but worth a look. WARNING!!!  Florida is rife with biting flies. Take heed.

Some fair sized alligators as well.

Edited by Walker570

Went guided in Kissimmee a couple of years ago. Best £100 I've ever spent.

Plenty of bass including some big ******* and half a dozen aligator gar.

All from a flyer in a petrol station.

It was only when I got talking to the guide on the boat that I found out they also did pig shooting.

I would be very wary of mooching around on me tod as I saw alot of gators.