Chris Packham (again)

ditchman

he has now put his name to a group and supporting the mercy killing of lobsters and crabs before boiling as they have feelings and are sentiant beings....will they be tazered...gassed....shot at close quaters....or dipped in witches piddle first  ?:hmm:

extraporlate this out...how are we to exicute millions of shimps everyday for my saturday repast of chips and shimps on yarmouth market....will the law change on how we eat oysters...the poor things go down our throats alive and screaming ...to land in an acid bath...christ that must hurt like hell poor things............

will infuture will we have to "stun" pigeons before they are shot................

the mind boggles

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, ditchman said:

will infuture will we have to "stun" pigeons before they are shot................

JDog and I already apply this method. One of us fires a volley of shots at a bird to 'stun' the the other of us shoots it dead!

Seriously though the mind does boggle as to where many things in life are heading. People like Packham are everywhere it seems.

Lobsters are shown to be killed humanely in some cookery programs by pushing a knife through their heads, Crabs its something to do with the vent underneath them.

The whole thing is getting air time and should be ignored. The shock from being cold to extreme heat kills them fast enough. 

1 hour ago, figgy said:

Lobsters are shown to be killed humanely in some cookery programs by pushing a knife through their heads, Crabs its something to do with the vent underneath them.

The whole thing is getting air time and should be ignored. The shock from being cold to extreme heat kills them fast enough

I kill a lot of Crab and Lobster over the course of the summer and always put them in the freezer before boiling, (they become very lethargic) then being plunged into boiling water seems to be the most humane . I guess, 

does anyone know if packham is a vegan 

This story's been around for a while - the preferred method is now lobbing them in the freezer for a while so they "go to sleep"...

I'd love to see Packham out in China and the like: animal cruelty - not this rubbish - is a way of life and would put his virtue-signalling, attention seeking in context.

2 hours ago, Flashman said:

This story's been around for a while - the preferred method is now lobbing them in the freezer for a while so they "go to sleep"...

I'd love to see Packham out in China and the like: animal cruelty - not this rubbish - is a way of life and would put his virtue-signalling, attention seeking in context.

yeah must agree with you flashman, packham total **** :yes:

Not saying that some of the things he says or stands for grate with a lot of us on here and has set himself some high animal welfare standards and doesn't understand grouse shooting etc. Which he voices an opinion.

But worth noting a couple of things which don't single him out as an extremist.

Packham is not a Vegan or even a Vegetarian.  

Taken from a Vege website. 

They're not happy either. 

Packham says: “To me, it has to have a psychopathic element, if you’re taking pleasure from killing things, just for that pleasure. If you’re going to eat it, if you’re culling an animal that is otherwise damaging the environment because it’s too abundant, I have no problem with killing animals.”

Packham’s belief that it’s OK to kill animals to eat puts him entirely at odds with the vast majority of the so-called ‘animal rights movement’.

He “only minds some forms of shooting: driven grouse shooting; woodcocks, which are on a very fast decline; hen harriers, which are a protected species”. He thinks that it’s perfectly acceptable to kill an animal so long as it’s not a protected species, if the animal’s corpse is eaten, and to ‘control’ a supposedly over-populated species.

Ultra Fascist approach to anything he wishes to push ,he is right end of no discussion is allowed that is extremism as Gordon says .Dont care if he,s selling bacon sarnies out of a laybye in London he is dangerous because he is believed by the facebook generation and doesnt let the truth get in the way of his opinion 

actually it's not hard to humanely kill lobsters/crabs before cooking as has been mentioned with the freezer method or a sharp knife between the eyes. 

I don't like Chris Packham but I actually agree with the principal of this, it takes no time/effort at all and it may be more humane? Why get all worked up?

2 minutes ago, Newbie to this said:

There's more chance that they actually stun the animals first during the halal process, than him ever speaking out about the halal process.

well again I don't like the man but why is it unlikely that he would speak out against Halal? He's a vocal animal rights activist.

On ‎31‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 18:01, ClemFandango said:

actually it's not hard to humanely kill lobsters/crabs before cooking as has been mentioned with the freezer method or a sharp knife between the eyes. 

I don't like Chris Packham but I actually agree with the principal of this, it takes no time/effort at all and it may be more humane? Why get all worked up?

well again I don't like the man but why is it unlikely that he would speak out against Halal? He's a vocal animal rights activist.

Why not send him a message by email, Twitter or whatever and ask him about his views on halal?

On Thursday, February 01, 2018 at 19:54, stuartc44 said:

If you don't kill crabs before boiling their legs and claws fall off, people wouldn't buy them from the fish shop then!

All the ones I have cooked have been dead first.

Thats a load of rubbish.

Did you just make that up?

Get yourself to Whitby Sheds IN the Summer and watch what goes on !

No mercy killing there, straight IN to the boiling water, all legs and claws still attached when they come out.

On 2/1/2018 at 19:49, Pistol p said:

Another problem to be laid at the feet of the BBC. They employ, entertain and pay this retard.

The BBC TV Licence paying public are the ones that are paying this retard...glad I'm not one of them!  Stop paying the BBC, cancel your tv licence...watch Youtube instead! 

9 hours ago, mickyh said:

Thats a load of rubbish.

Did you just make that up?

Get yourself to Whitby Sheds IN the Summer and watch what goes on !

No mercy killing there, straight IN to the boiling water, all legs and claws still attached when they come out.

No. That's the way it's been done in North Norfolk for generations.

Well I'll put myself in the firing line and say ........

Your talking ******** !

Lets see if any knowledgeable Gents /Ladies  care to back me up?

Or even shoot me down. 

Putting extra work into a job that produces no value, is of no value.

So it wont happen.

And Fishermen gut live fish everyday,  why would they care about Crustaceans?  

They dont have time to be nice!

Edited by mickyh