Shooting to let

2 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello,would anything like this come up in oxfordshire ?? 

Shooting To Let By Tender

(Deer not included)

Sporting rights over the following area is available for lease:

Area (ha)  Woodland   County

54     Ingoldsby Wood   Lincolnshire

Trial lease available for the period 2 February 2018 to 1 February 2019, with potential for 3 year lease to follow.

For further details please email: carole.barber@forestry.gsi.gov.uk

Closing date for applications

2:00pm 16 February 2018

3 minutes ago, old'un said:

Shooting To Let By Tender

(Deer not included)

Sporting rights over the following area is available for lease:

Area (ha)  Woodland   County

54     Ingoldsby Wood   Lincolnshire

Trial lease available for the period 2 February 2018 to 1 February 2019, with potential for 3 year lease to follow.

For further details please email: carole.barber@forestry.gsi.gov.uk

Closing date for applications

2:00pm 16 February 2018

THANKS old un bit to far from abingdon, i will see if have a web site

A bit of a lottery. There are blocks of game cover all around it, so I would assume what they are doing is trying to up the rent for whoever already has the rights. A regular ruse to check the market before they pitch the new rent at the present lease owner, based on the bids they get.   Been there got a number of T Shirts

40 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

A bit of a lottery. There are blocks of game cover all around it, so I would assume what they are doing is trying to up the rent for whoever already has the rights. A regular ruse to check the market before they pitch the new rent at the present lease owner, based on the bids they get.   Been there got a number of T Shirts

You could be right as normal tenders are three to five years not one year on a trial run.

• 3 weeks later...
On 01/02/2018 at 19:38, Walker570 said:

There's a similar thing going on with a tender for some lakes in Petersfield (for a 999yr lease!!!!) They forget to mention that some/ the lakes are drained in winter and that the resident fishing club have the right to match the highest tender first.