Capital Punishment

Winston72

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In principle I support capital punishment under certain circumstances, but.....with past examples of suspects being "fitting up" and the latest revelations of cases being chucked out because of non disclosure of evidence by the prosecution........bringing it back would be too risky!

I personally agree with capital punishment but because of wrongdoing in the past it would have to  for certain murders ie the killers of Lee rigby caught in the street filmed and there is no way of a mistaken identity mass murderers ie the terrorists on London Bridge caught with knives stabbing innocent bystanders this sort of murder I do believe there is murder and a different kind of murder if that makes sense 

11 minutes ago, Delwint said:

I’d bring it back tomorrow, along with total castration with a sharp knife. But only if they were found guilty beyond all reasonable doubt!!! 

The burden of proof in a criminal case is already 'beyond all reasonable doubt'

As others have mentiond, it dosent seem to have stoped previous miscarages of justice

16 minutes ago, Delwint said:

I’d bring it back tomorrow, along with total castration with a sharp knife. But only if they were found guilty beyond all reasonable doubt!!! 

All criminal convictions are suppose to guilty beyond all reasonable doubt, that doesn't mean they are guilty.

Edited by ordnance

5 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

Whilst some will trot out the miscarriage of justice reasoning, is there anyone who would object to capital punishment for example - Myra Hindley, Ian Brady?

These two would have qualified as the in "certain circumstances" to which I referred in my posting!

Edited by panoma1

5 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

Whilst some will trot out the miscarriage of justice reasoning, is there anyone who would object to capital punishment for example - Myra Hindley, Ian Brady?

So you don't have a issue with innocent people being executed by the state. And yes i would object to it for anyone, i would support life without parole. 

I am totally for it’s return along with public birching. Branding and other deterrents. Think of the cost saving to the tax payer. All the youths who have never been chastised and think they can do as they please wouldn’t do it a second time. Murderers who are bang to rights guilty deserve it.  As for the odd one who didn’t do it is a life sentence any better.  Look at war inocents have always been casualties but it’s accepted as par for the course. 

Others won’t agree with my views but I don’t care. We all have an opinion.