Vegans beat us again.

Scotty1980

Not sure if you have seen this, but for those who missed it.

A school that had bought some pigs to rear, slaughter, eat and sell has been pressured into giving the animals to an animal sanctuary as one of the vegan parents didn’t like what the school was doing!

The Vegan parent got 20,000 signatures in 24 hours and handed it to the school.

I realy feel that the school should have stud its ground rather than bending over and taking it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4p8gDGl3Dg&t=160s

Edited by Scotty1980

Someone posted this the other day. Apparently the pigs haven't been removed, parents and teachers showed overwhelming support for the project. 20,000 random signatures online, how many of them signatures actually have children at the school? Not their bloody business in my opinion!!!!!

39 minutes ago, ShootingEgg said:

Also fair play getting 20,000 signatures in sich a short amount of time, juat shows how strong their corner is. We as a shooting group would struggle to do that I think.. 

Not when you consider the group they are talking to, being vegan is the new "cool" thing and has a strong following from the younger generation on social media. This would have spread like wildfire between them all. 

As the joke goes how do you know someone is a Vegan.....they cant go 2 effin minutes without telling you.

Vegans are trolling dairy farmers in Suffolk. My son has cancer and a raw milk (high in Vit D) supplier we use has lost accreditation due to lies spread on Facebook. We, and others who use farm shop, have increased support so could be counterproductive but who knows what these loonies will do next. Jeremy Vine doing a show on rat/mice problems today which was major cringeworthy "....do you catch and take rats to another county?" OMG!

We had a farm unit at our Comprehensive school. We had Helga and Hilda the pigs. They regularly produced litters which the local butcher bought when ready. Some of the meat came back to be used in the cookery classes. We got talks on butchery and piglet teeth clipping demonstrations and all aspects of farming small scale. We also had a jersey milk cow, aberdeen angus calves  to rear on for meat and chickens for eggs. Nobody in that school were ignorant of where their food came from.

1 minute ago, loriusgarrulus said:

We had a farm unit at our Comprehensive school. We had Helga and Hilda the pigs. They regularly produced litters which the local butcher bought when ready. Some of the meat came back to be used in the cookery classes. We got talks on butchery and piglet teeth clipping demonstrations and all aspects of farming small scale. We also had a jersey milk cow, aberdeen angus calves  to rear on for meat and chickens for eggs. Nobody in that school were ignorant of where their food came from.

:good: shame there isn't more of this

2 hours ago, JohnfromUK said:

Without doubt one of the best  Montbeliarde herd of cows you will find in the uk.

Young couple with a passion and work hard to get to where they are.

They do not need that,

1 hour ago, loriusgarrulus said:

That sounds terrific as newbie said shame theres not more

I’m not sure I agree with the school and the project itself. 

The idea of animals being slaughtered is hard enough for adults (non vegan) to comprehend let alone a load of school kids! I think the project could have resulted in turning kids off meat more than educating them about where meat comes from. 

48 minutes ago, Cosd said:

I’m not sure I agree with the school and the project itself. 

The idea of animals being slaughtered is hard enough for adults (non vegan) to comprehend let alone a load of school kids! I think the project could have resulted in turning kids off meat more than educating them about where meat comes from. 

Really? I think you underestimate children. I know plenty that are fascinated in watching deer and pheasants being processed and treat it as a biology lesson! My 3 year old girl is perfectly happy with dead things, and has an understanding of life and death that I bet few her age would. Although she did ban us from shooting "her" partridges on keepers day!

2 hours ago, loriusgarrulus said:

They should be classed as terrorists and treated the same.

I was on a anti terrorism course at work on Monday, they ran through most of the terrorist groups ,and a couple of the animal rights groups are terrorists , membership is illegal, and passing on their information can land members a stretch in prison.