"im mainly (at it again)"

ditchman

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, la bala said:

This is all looking good ditchman.

cheers boi :good::good:.........this machine has all the flutes and whistles.

it has

1. top pulley lateral adjustment
  2. bottom pulley lateral adjustment
  3. left and right tracking
  4. tensioning

found out today the tracking pulley is 3/4" wider than the drive pulley...!!!!!!

i daresay i will find out later...

16 minutes ago, ditchman said:

cheers boi :good::good:.........this machine has all the flutes and whistles.

it has

1. top pulley lateral adjustment
  2. bottom pulley lateral adjustment
  3. left and right tracking
  4. tensioning

found out today the tracking pulley is 3/4" wider than the drive pulley...!!!!!!

i daresay i will find out later...

Looking forward to seeing the ditchman grind. I think a well true grind goes to making the knife look that little bit more.

14 minutes ago, la bala said:

Looking forward to seeing the ditchman grind. I think a well true grind goes to making the knife look that little bit more.

excactly..........i will like to see the faces and intercections well polished..............then the handle made by hand with that special handfinished look coupled with the machined look of the blade they should go well together............

well thats what i intend.............proberly end up a horrible mess...........

you lot are going to call a storm up...:lol:

59 minutes ago, billytheghillie said:

Sounds about right Ditchy, or you could drive up here to Jockland in less than that, and Nicolas Angels could save you :good:

i would but i would be frightened they would "goose me":oops: outa spite cause im fro narfoik..:lol:

That belt grinder really looks the business mate I'm looking foward to seeing your first blade come from it ,

with the plunge you want to try and graduate it into the ricassio and not have to much of a step as it can cause a weakness in the blade going from thick steel to thin to quickly , 

36 minutes ago, bigman said:

That belt grinder really looks the business mate I'm looking foward to seeing your first blade come from it ,

with the plunge you want to try and graduate it into the ricassio and not have to much of a step as it can cause a weakness in the blade going from thick steel to thin to quickly , 

good point....i will avoid doing sharp corners...if a corner is needed it will be rounde3d out...:good:

After all the technical talk about angled nipples and grinding , I was wondering if you could buy one of these machines from Ann Summers now Valentines day is just around the corner :lol: 

With this project turning into a full time commitment , are you getting time to pop into Brundall for your tail end of Haddock ?

2 hours ago, marsh man said:

After all the technical talk about angled nipples and grinding , I was wondering if you could buy one of these machines from Ann Summers now Valentines day is just around the corner  

With this project turning into a full time commitment , are you getting time to pop into Brundall for your tail end of Haddock ?

every turesday............:good:...my tastes have changed now.....and i have a large place...and very nice too :good:

Right Tightchoke "et al"...yer sunday fix..............sorry its not teknicle....just stuff to rot yer brain...........made a bracket to position the linisher...i will leave it like that until im satisfied its at the right angle....then i will make an "A" frame to attatch to the rear...then (i think i will bring the whole machine a bit forward...i want it a position , that i can brace myself on the bench to keep my hands steady as i present the metal to the cutting table..............

talk amongst yourselves...................ive got to do the shopping now,,,,...............................

mounting bracket 001tn_.JPG

mounting bracket 002tn_.JPG

mounting bracket 003tn_.JPG

mounting bracket 004tn_.JPG

mounting bracket 005tn_.JPG

mounting bracket 006tn_.JPG

mounting bracket 007tn_.JPG

mounting bracket 008tn_.JPG

mounting bracket 009tn_.JPG

mounting bracket 010tn_.JPG

mounting bracket 011tn_.JPG

mounting bracket 012tn_.JPG

mounting bracket 013tn_.JPG

mounting bracket 014tn_.JPG

mounting bracket 015tn_.JPG

mounting bracket 016tn_.JPG

mounting bracket 017tn_.JPG

mounting bracket 018tn_.JPG

mounting bracket 019tn_.JPG

14 minutes ago, Dunkield said:

Nice work.

It looks to me like it would benefit from some support behind?

I guess you will know once you fire it up if that bracket is a little boingy

pay attention now..:lol:.....if you red the verbage you would have seen that it is my intention to make an "A" frame for the rear..it is without it....as you say a bit springy....i will then get the moter and make a frame and a clutch sysyem...check the operation ....then make a frame/bed for it all to sit on ...so i can move it about the shed as im stuck for space....

.......there will be a test at the end of this to check everyone has been paying attention..........:hmm:

43 minutes ago, Medic1281 said:

Nice penetration there ditchy! How did you put the groove in, angle grinder and steady hand? 

yup...just that..:good:

18 minutes ago, ditchman said:

pay attention now.......if you red the verbage you would have seen that it is my intention to make an "A" frame for the rear..it is without it....as you say a bit springy....i will then get the moter and make a frame and a clutch sysyem...check the operation ....then make a frame/bed for it all to sit on ...so i can move it about the shed as im stuck for space....

.......there will be a test at the end of this to check everyone has been paying attention..........

yup...just that..:good:

:lol: Nothing there a few gussets wont sort out hey ditchman.

I was just thinking ditchman, on my Makita belt sander there's a graphite and cloth backing pad that sits over the base plate and under the belt, I suppose it's there's to reduce friction between the plate and belt, would your machine need one of these?

not only but also, I got a nice chunky bit of oak in the shed if you want to make a base plate to fix all that to.

Edited by Paddy Galore!