"im mainly (at it again)"

ditchman

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, la bala said:

I am no sparkie but dont you need the right capacitor for the start up pull of the appliance.

this motor aparantley came off a saw bench.....with a much larger pully arrangement...and to start it up let alone cut would have taken some grunt...so the capacitor should be ok................we will fins out soon enough anyway.............

if its not suitable i will sell it on...havnt lost much anyway...................

but i rekon it will be sweet...............

in the next couple of hours it should be here...ive got a vee belt so i will rig it up to run and leave it for 5 mins to heat the grease up and run the new needle bearings in....thyen i will speak to a mate of mine ...give him the model number of the motor to see if i can alter the rotation by swapping a couple of wires over without taking the thing apart..............then i will start work on the frame in which it all sits in................

it has come.............and so have i...............i wont say i have "overcooked" it...but this motor could run 10 linishing machines and not even get out of bed....made in 1957...it has grease nipples on it...and built like the proverble out side toilet.........runs as smooth as silk.............

i have got cold talking rubbish in the shed so i will post pics up either today or tomorrow.................

right.....................ive faffed about cause i didnt want to go to bed to-nite wondering what i needed to do........

1. the motor is spanking
  2. the bearings for top roller have freed nicely and run soooo smooth
  3. the bottom roller guides jpg 4 and 5 are worn and need to be built up with weld and ground down so they fit perfict in jaw jpg 9...what is happening is it is chattering and it wont setle down in a straight line for any lenghth of time...it did do after i jammed something in it to stop the chatter..
  4. the belt that came with it was rubbish...it had got damp/wet and the glue was suspect..and the edges were all cut and stuff ad oles in it
  5. it will do what i want it to  see jpg's 1-2-3..........i can cut a very fine line on the intersection of two planes

so jobs to do....

1. order up new belts
  2. weld and grind roller guides to fit exact
  3. make study frame
  4. buy bigger top roller to slow machine down think it should be 3"...to  4"....at the moment it is 3" to 3"...so if i go bigger on the top drive it will slow it down a tad

but all in all £50 quid for a spanking torquey motor....im well pleased with.....................so fettling and design next........

inside infront of the fire now as my fingers were so cold i scratched me bum and froze my brains

moan amongst youselves now..:lol:

linisher motor 001tn_.JPG

linisher motor 002tn_.JPG

linisher motor 003tn_.JPG

linisher motor 004tn_.JPG

linisher motor 005tn_.JPG

linisher motor 006tn_.JPG

linisher motor 007tn_.JPG

linisher motor 008tn_.JPG

linisher motor 009tn_.JPG

That rings a bell!! just come back (this afternoon anyway) from the osteopath trying to get some relief from

constant hip/knee(referred) pain from lifting said sacks of grain in my teens.Recent MRI scan shows multiple disc bulges and every facet is bone on bone!!

Hey ho, off to the shooting show tomorrow.....

GH