"im mainly (at it again)"

ditchman

had a quick check of the idler roller.............both the roller guides were worn ...and as i said earlier they will need a spot or two of weld to build them up..................also the shaft (without the roller ) i found was 2 to 3 mm higher on one side....took that guide out turned it put it back and measured again...spot on..............

so that would account for the sanding belt wandering a bit............so ijn the next few days i will be welding and filing till i get a perfect aligned fit then assemble and start making the running frame up...........................:good:

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

today i will be clearing some space to mount this motor on something solid like my thick workbench......i have a spare area if i clear it out....then design a frame that will bolt on to the side of the workbench for the linisher...........thats the plan at the moment..:hmm:

3 hours ago, ditchman said:

today i will be clearing some space to mount this motor on something solid like my thick workbench......i have a spare area if i clear it out....then design a frame that will bolt on to the side of the workbench for the linisher...........thats the plan at the moment..:hmm:

Have you done it yet:good:

1 hour ago, johnphilip said:

Have you done it yet:good:

bloodt nora hold yer horses...i aint that fast............got to string it out a little bit.....all the design work needs to be done...then LLoyds of London need to approve.......

well i found a space....the battery charging area had to go......oh by the way does anyone know what that "red" thing is on jpg#4 ?..........

need to move it forward an inch or so

things to do...

1. cut and weld right hand side of frame and fix
  2. cut and make weld 2 legs to the floor and screw to floor
  3. cut and make two struts and fit to top of machine to worktop
  4. screw motor solid............
  5. weld up free play on bottom roller
  6. order up 4" pulley to slow machine down
  7. order up set of belts.......

so we are getting there slowly...:yahoo:

trial fitting 001tn_.JPG

trial fitting 002tn_.JPG

trial fitting 003tn_.JPG

trial fitting 004tn_.JPG

trial fitting 005tn_.JPG

trial fitting 006tn_.JPG

trial fitting 007tn_.JPG

well done a bit more today.......the bottom of the base is now very very sturdy.....and everything will "lock up" solid when i put the upright struts on the linished which will be bolted to the study work bench..............

hot cross buns now and big mug of tea...thats all till tomorrow...................:yes:

bit more 001tn_.JPG

bit more 002tn_.JPG

bit more 003tn_.JPG

bit more 004tn_.JPG

bit more 005tn_.JPG

bit more 006tn_.JPG

bit more 007tn_.JPG

6 minutes ago, la bala said:

That baby is going to make some sparks, good job ditchman.

dont want to make tooo many sparks..............need to slow it down with a 4" pulley a good quality set of belts that will cut .....not grind............

i think you recommended Heritage belts ..??........whats the finest grade i can get......as it will need less polishing on the mops..??

well ive been finding out what that red thingy is in the end of the motor..............so i had the thing off...it hyas centrfugal weights on it ...which were conected to a set of points...when the motor starts...it gets up to speed then the flyweights chuck out and the points open..........

it was "chattering" on start up....full of bits of rubbish rust dust and the points needed cleaning and the contact wires...put it all back together and it starts up nice and quiet now.....

been thinkingt on how to steady the motor....so decieded to unscrew the lifting eye...then tomorrow i will make a frame that will gob across the motor and screw in the body (top)...then a leg down either side with a foot with an ole through it that will just short of the base so i can put a big wood bolt either side to clap it down............where the motor is now i havnt enough space to mount it proper....

linisher contacts 001tn_.JPG

linisher contacts 002tn_.JPG

linisher contacts 003tn_.JPG

linisher contacts 004tn_.JPG

linisher contacts 005tn_.JPG

linisher contacts 006tn_.JPG

linisher contacts 007tn_.JPG

linisher contacts 008tn_.JPG

linisher contacts 009tn_.JPG

linisher contacts 010tn_.JPG