"im mainly (at it again)"

ditchman

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right..........bad news im afraid.........im going to have to put the knife making thread on hold for a while.....ive got everything ready now 'cept the tool steel and stainless..

reason is i really need to get the landrover sorted...ive been meaning to do it for a couple of years ...got all the parts....so now im waiting for a good spell of weather to do it ....as it will take 4 or so days.........transport is important here as my mrs is now booked into a day care centre 2 days a week ...to give me a break away from her...so in the next couple of weeks i will get stuck into that...then when that is done i will start the thread again....without having to worry about the vehicle

so apologies...thats life im afraid

Ditch

9 hours ago, la bala said:

Will you be doing a rear diff overhaul?

i have a bit of a dodgy gasket on the rear diff...it did leak a bit ...i have checked the oil and it is to level.....so i thyink i will leave it and just keep an eye on it............

1 hour ago, ditchman said:

i have a bit of a dodgy gasket on the rear diff...it did leak a bit ...i have checked the oil and it is to level.....so i thyink i will leave it and just keep an eye on it............

Don't blame you! You can always find work to do on a land pig!

im taking the easy way out...as i dont want to be rushed for time...im stripping all the parts off the re-built engine and going to transfere them to the landy........that way i can lay everything out that i will need....complete with correct nuts and bolts....then just "rape" the engine on the landy and put it all in a wheelbarrow...which will be nice and quick...fettle the block and stuff...and fit all the prepared good stuff from the rebuilt stripped engine...jobs a gooden...........

then i can at my leisure fettle all the stuff i stripped off the landy engine during the winter bit by bit.....that way i will enjoy my self....:good:

well.....the engine is stripped and cleaned...(the one in my shed)...just got to take the injector pump off....then i will strip the enjine completly...cover it in grease and put it into storage under the bench.............

As it was soooo hot today...i decieded to finally off load my woollen long johns into the washing machine.(they say "dont cast your clout , til may is out")....as it was pumping out, saw the decontamination team from Salisbury rush down to the sewage farm.....word is they sensed something like Novichoc in the water.............hope they dont trace it back here otherwise Porton Down will be taking swabs of my rear end.....

hey ho.....always something going on here.................:lol:

2 hours ago, ditchman said:

well.....the engine is stripped and cleaned...(the one in my shed)...just got to take the injector pump off....then i will strip the enjine completly...cover it in grease and put it into storage under the bench.............

As it was soooo hot today...i decieded to finally off load my woollen long johns into the washing machine.(they say "dont cast your clout , til may is out")....as it was pumping out, saw the decontamination team from Salisbury rush down to the sewage farm.....word is they sensed something like Novichoc in the water.............hope they dont trace it back here otherwise Porton Down will be taking swabs of my rear end.....

hey ho.....always something going on here.................:lol:

Tooo much information :lol:

But you are right, it is too damned hot for work. I was filing away at some stainless in the workshop and when it hit 120F in there (black felt roof), I had to give up and go and walk the dogs

Edited by amateur

• 3 months later...
On 02/02/2018 at 18:36, ditchman said:

Well after a fraught drive up the A14...arrived at this amourers workshop / smithy to pick up aforsaid LINISHING MACHINE.....which is now the start of my new endevour.....into the world of knife making...got to keep busy you see ..

The machine was made inbetween 1925 and 1950...couple of bits were broken on it but had been mended 50 or so years ago...the bed is flat and the rollers run true.....so im now going to take it apart and give it a damn good seeing to....might post a few pics up later....

so the idea here is to do a start to finish of some idiot starting from scratch....to final product...........i will ...nay ....demand input and abuse from you lot of saddoes.....

so watch this space...:yahoo:

1066.....this is the linishing thread...............