"im mainly (at it again)"

ditchman

waaahheeyyyyyyyyy...................:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

welded up the carrier guides......ground them down so they were like a cam.....put it all back together turned the guides and tightened the grub screw put the old rubbish torn "made in west germany" belt on...........

turned it on................................TTtaaatdddaddaaaaaaaaaaaa........:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:...NO NOISE just the hum of the motor and slight hiss of the belt.....let the belt settle down for 3 mins......straightened it up......runs millimetre perfect...:good:

next job fit the raised bed...but i wont do that until i get some new belts....

talk amongst yerselves..............

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

48 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

I love it when a project comes to a satisfactory end  ... now to making knife blades.

nooooo........no where near yet.............i have to drill and tap the bed to add the raiser to it....then i need to make the tilting cutting table....cant do any of that until the new belts come so i can place the raiser in the right position...........

as someone once said...."this is not the end....or the beginning of the end...............but the end of the beginning"..........

if it was all over in a few pages....then what would we all do /?

if Churchill was a member of pigeonwatch...he would have posted................................

"Never....never in the field of human endevour, ..has so much squit been said about of so little conciquence "........

im sure he would have posted something about Walkers "blood sweat and tears and stitches"..:lol:

Edited by ditchman

48 minutes ago, ditchman said:

if Churchill was a member of pigeonwatch...he would have posted................................

"Never....never in the field of human endevour, ..has so much squit been said about of so little conciquence "........

im sure he would have posted something about Walkers "blood sweat and tears and stitches"..:lol:

:lol::lol::lol::good:

cant do anymore until the new belts are ordered...........

so i thought i could get on with the bed raiser...decieded to use allan screws/bolts as they would sit nice in the steel...

1. marked out
  2. punched
  3. pilot hole
  4. allan bolt recess
  5. try fit
  6. shaft hole

nice day here although cold wind ...but sunny....trip up the road to the shop...spag bol tonite......

enjoy....

drilling raiser 001tn_.JPG

drilling raiser 002tn_.JPG

drilling raiser 003tn_.JPG

drilling raiser 004tn_.JPG

drilling raiser 005tn_.JPG

drilling raiser 006tn_.JPG

drilling raiser 007tn_.JPG

drilling raiser 008tn_.JPG

drilling raiser 009tn_.JPG

drilling raiser 010tn_.JPG

drilling raiser 011tn_.JPG

drilling raiser 012tn_.JPG

drilling raiser 013tn_.JPG

drilling raiser 014tn_.JPG

drilling raiser 015tn_.JPG

drilling raiser 016tn_.JPG

drilling raiser 017tn_.JPG

drilling raiser 018tn_.JPG

30 minutes ago, amateur said:

Now, I would have thought that a craftsman like you would have used an end-mill to square off that hole for the socket head

I dont possess end mills but when i altered my table i used allen bolts with countersunk heads, maybe thats all ditchman had in his stores.

44 minutes ago, amateur said:

Now, I would have thought that a craftsman like you would have used an end-mill to square off that hole for the socket head

you are cruel to me.............ive only an ole shed boi...and a load of tools from Machinmarte................us ole boys cant afford the ole fancy stuff...:lol:

31 minutes ago, Medic1281 said:

You obviously drew the line through the hole after you drilled it. No one can drill on a line like that ?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

1 hour ago, Medic1281 said:

You obviously drew the line through the hole after you drilled it. No one can drill on a line like that ?

really think that is funny..................take it to the next step...........

The British take over NASA under contract ...............

1. all the space shuttels would be built like that
  2. lots of mastic
  3. control systems built by gud ole boi's in sheds across the UK
  4. if the shuttle was waiting to go up and the yank pilot saw a crack in one of the side windows.......they would send sum ole boi in a dirty brown coat ..pipe clutched in his mouth...ontop of a wooden ladder and mend the window with a black binbag and some gaffa tape...so mission control could acheive the lunch window....
  5. the space station kitchen would be full of pickled eggs...Branston pickle...lumps of cheese....old festering boxes of chicken birianyni.....paper plate of half eaten backed beans would be lodged in under the flight consul
  6. there would be stickers on the space station......STP...Duckams QT.....16w-40...Players No 6.. Watneys Red Barrell.and furry dice hanging in the pilots window
  7. engines made and supplied by Brocks fireworks

sorry my mind is wandering...............

oh....and the ash tray in the gents toilet would be full as well......:lol:

Edited by ditchman

2 hours ago, ditchman said:

you are cruel to me.............ive only an ole shed boi...and a load of tools from Machinmarte................us ole boys cant afford the ole fancy stuff...:lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Yeah, you're right - I usually make do with a blind drilled hole, but if I'm being a bit fancy, I pop an end mill in the drill press to square it off. 

I'm working towards setting up my Chinese lathe which does have a milling attachment - but I've got to clear space in the workshop first.

Joking aside, I am very much in awe of the craftsmanship that you do produce from your "ole shed"

1 hour ago, ditchman said:

want to know why the price of sugar is so high..............

...."the barter economy".................the redistribution of wealth....i do his mower....he pays in nuts and bolts..........

Blimey wish you were closer, I could have got my mower done!:whistling:

Keep up the great work Simon, turning in to another PW Classic thread.:good:

On ‎24‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 16:15, ditchman said:

really think that is funny..................take it to the next step...........

The British take over NASA under contract ...............

1. all the space shuttels would be built like that
  2. lots of mastic
  3. control systems built by gud ole boi's in sheds across the UK
  4. if the shuttle was waiting to go up and the yank pilot saw a crack in one of the side windows.......they would send sum ole boi in a dirty brown coat ..pipe clutched in his mouth...ontop of a wooden ladder and mend the window with a black binbag and some gaffa tape...so mission control could acheive the lunch window....
  5. the space station kitchen would be full of pickled eggs...Branston pickle...lumps of cheese....old festering boxes of chicken birianyni.....paper plate of half eaten backed beans would be lodged in under the flight consul
  6. there would be stickers on the space station......STP...Duckams QT.....16w-40...Players No 6.. Watneys Red Barrell.and furry dice hanging in the pilots window
  7. engines made and supplied by Brocks fireworks

sorry my mind is wandering...............

oh....and the ash tray in the gents toilet would be full as well......:lol:

Have someone been putting a bit of wacky backy in your roll up tin , a fine bit of Norfolk squit from the out backs in the county :lol:

22 minutes ago, la bala said:

Where is he, bet he's snowed in.

just soo bone cold...metal is to cold to handle in the shed.....cant do anything until thenew belts arrive...so i know the placement of the raiser..

so you will all have to hang about for a bit....sorry ...:unhappy: