Remmy's and 67mm loads

Smokersmith

Gents,

Just picked up a beaut G3 1100 with 3" chambers and 26" barrel.

Planning to try it on the blacks in the morning, I've some 67.. 30g 6's I need to get used up .. do you know if these should cycle OK, or should I be better off taking 70mm cases with me.

Fact rather than opinion preferred!

Thanks!!

2 hours ago, ClemFandango said:

common fault with the older 3 inch 1100's was that they wouldn't cycle 2 3/4 inch cartridges. 

The only way you will know for fact if yours will or not is to try but liklihood is it wont.  

I honestly do not want to speak contradictory to Clem fandangos comments here, and agree this is often the view of many and it dose say 3inch only on the old 1100 magnum barrels.  But my +experience with two of these is they will function perfectly with some 30 and 32 gram loads 67mm and 70mm .

The early steel ammo i used in one of these guns and although it would no way cycle express hunting steel or hull 32gram steel it worked on Gamebore super steel perfectly and hotter reloads no problem.

The G 3 versions i imagine could carry many of the1187 features and you could be in with a chance of them cycling that gun just fine. Be interested to know how it does one way or the ther .

Edited by lancer425

47 minutes ago, lancer425 said:

I honestly do not want to speak contradictory to Clem fandangos comments here, and agree this is often the view of many and it dose say 3inch only on the old 1100 magnum barrels.  But my +experience with two of these is they will function perfectly with some 30 and 32 gram loads 67mm and 70mm .

The early steel ammo i used in one of these guns and although it would no way cycle express hunting steel or hull 32gram steel it worked on Gamebore super steel perfectly and hotter reloads no problem.

The G 3 versions i imagine could carry many of the1187 features and you could be in with a chance of them cycling that gun just fine. Be interested to know how it does one way or the ther .

good post. 

I guess you have to try it and see... And then let us know because we'll be interested to know the outcome. 

1 hour ago, Smokersmith said:

Well .. it had a good workout ..

Started with a box of Pigeon Power .. then 2 boxes of the 67mm OK Game, then a couple of boxes of 28g Fiocchi 6's .. 70mm again.

Never missed a beat in the 125 shots I had :yahoo:

Well? How many blacks paid the price, Steve?

7 hours ago, Smokersmith said:

Well .. it had a good workout ..

Started with a box of Pigeon Power .. then 2 boxes of the 67mm OK Game, then a couple of boxes of 28g Fiocchi 6's .. 70mm again.

Never missed a beat in the 125 shots I had :yahoo:

I thought it would work ok  sounds like you are enjoying it, Nothing like Remingtons.