Wellies - Dunlop or Aigle?

Big Al

I have neoprene lined Aigles for winter and cotton lined for summer. Unless at work I am in slippers or wellies. Both are easily some of the most comfortable boots I have found and whilst painful to buy well worth it now. Amazon can be cheap but my local rfd has been even cheaper (i bought a pile of ammunition at the same time as my summer wellies and he very kindly knocked a good bit off). 

My better half has cotton lined ones for summer and leather lined for winter/sunday best. She does keep eyeing up neoprene lined ones though. 

I also have aigle riding boots and have been less impressed with the way the linings move around. 

For reference I paid £70 for my summer wellies, £115 for the winter ones, the better half paid £85 for her summer ones and £65 for her leather lined ones (an Amazon algorithm glitch I suspect due to her weirdly sized feet). I bought several pairs of riding boots at £20 each when a local shop was selling them off. 

Edited by Wb123

I tried to buy the Dunlop Terrior wellies in September and (luckily) the shop had missing stock so couldn't complete the order, I went for the Aigle Iso neoprenes and they are amazing. Really comfortable and pretty warm, only had them for a few months but they feel much better made than my previous Le Chems which lasted five years.

Like wearing high end trainers comfort wise.

They were only £100 on Amazon too but have now shot up again, Decathlon only do the dark green colour rather than the lighter teal green too.

I still fancy some Dunlops for summer maybe but wont ever buy Seeland again after two pairs went in a matter of weeks, John Norris replaced them with money off the Le Chems

1 hour ago, bennyblanco said:

I tried to buy the Dunlop Terrior wellies in September and (luckily) the shop had missing stock so couldn't complete the order, I went for the Aigle Iso neoprenes and they are amazing. Really comfortable and pretty warm, only had them for a few months but they feel much better made than my previous Le Chems which lasted five years.

Like wearing high end trainers comfort wise.

They were only £100 on Amazon too but have now shot up again, Decathlon only do the dark green colour rather than the lighter teal green too.

I still fancy some Dunlops for summer maybe but wont ever buy Seeland again after two pairs went in a matter of weeks, John Norris replaced them with money off the Le Chems

I have the cotton lined aigles for summer, just as comfortable, half as warm. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 02/02/2018 at 18:57, Big Al said:

My trusty Le Chameau  (about 10 years old) have finally sprung a leak in the right boot. I have browsed a few wellie boot threads and like the  sound of the Aigle Parcours or the the dunlop purofort.  

I need a hard wearing boot but value the warmth neoprene lining gives. I love to hear from owners of either of the above. Alternatively, if there is another boot I've missed I'd be keen to hear about it too.

Thanks

Why would you think of changing when you’ve just had 10yrs out of your Chameaus? I currently have a pair, and they have outlasted my previous Aigles. The Aigles were comfy mind.

16 hours ago, pond digger 007 said:

Why would you think of changing when you’ve just had 10yrs out of your Chameaus? I currently have a pair, and they have outlasted my previous Aigles. The Aigles were comfy mind.

I can't justify the expense. 

I bought the Dunlop purofort and wore them last weekend on a roost shoot. They are looser around the heels and tighter around the calves than I'm used to but will be grand. They have a thick durable sole too. Wearing them in the snow today.

£39.99 delivered is a price I can live with too.

On 2/2/2018 at 19:49, Harry Callahan said:

I wear Dunlop Puroforts for work (shepherd)... lovely when new but the insole soon wears out. They have good grip and are decent wellies for the money but if you're stood about I'd not say they are much good at keeping you warm... although good socks make all the difference regardless which brand you wear, IMO.

I dislike (ALL) wellies, if I'm honest, and wear lace up boots as much as I can get away with... the Dunlops are durable and hard wearing, stand upto the job well. Think my current ones are 2-3 years old, and at this time of year I'm wearing them all day, every day.

I have a pair of dunlops.now 3 years old best boots for the money,comfy walk and warm,will buy another pair when these are done.

Just a word of warning on  aigles, firstly I had a pair of the original isos for about 7 years with heavy use, best boots ever so naturally when they sprung a leak I ordered the same only their new iso2 version, ordered the size 44 unusually small for me but same size as I had before and couldn’t even get my foot in! So ordered a 45, bigger but tight on the width, (I have wide feet) so ordered a 46, well they were huge so sent them back and ordered another 45 which I kept thinking they might “give” a little. They haven’t! I live in hope they will get better but I am so disappointed aigle have made such a big change to the original iso that fitted me like a glove 

My first pair of Aigles lasted 18 years, my mates said I was mad at the time to pay £90 for a pair of wellies. I only replaced them when I stood on a nail and sprung a leak. I’m now on my second paid that cost £130 

By the way, my mates who all said I was mad to spend £90 now all wear Aigles!