Richmond sausages.

samboy

9 hours ago, rimfire4969 said:

I would not touch **** sausages. I am very lucky and keep a few pigs and when slaughtered I have some sausages made from their meat and they are fabulous. 

Best ever is a fry up is using sausage and bacon (home cured) from my pigs, eggs from our chickens, tomatoes from our garden and if I am lucky a mushroom or two that I have found when out with the dogs.

sounds devine rimrire what time is brecky on Saturday :whistling:

On 08/02/2018 at 11:25, rimfire4969 said:

I would not touch **** sausages. I am very lucky and keep a few pigs and when slaughtered I have some sausages made from their meat and they are fabulous. 

Best ever is a fry up is using sausage and bacon (home cured) from my pigs, eggs from our chickens, tomatoes from our garden and if I am lucky a mushroom or two that I have found when out with the dogs.

Living the dream, rimfire.

• 3 weeks later...

go back a few years and Richmond were a nice sausage but now they taste disgusting !!!

I get some brilliant ones from Costco in a tray of 18 caramalised onion and pork nice and fat next to no fat comes out but there is enough fat content to make them nice and juicey when cooked

On 08/02/2018 at 11:25, rimfire4969 said:

If I lived closer I'd be asking for an invite,

Sounds bloody lovely, 

• 1 month later...

When I used to live in London there was a family run butchers called kenedy's they only had two shops. No matter how much I bribed the butcher for the recipe he would never give it away! Sadly they are no longer but they were without doubt the best tasting sausages I have ever eaten! I used to drive from Somerset back up there just for those sausages! There Xmas puds were good too! 

17 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, i take it you know this shop simon m , not been in for a while but the make some lovely pies/sausages/faggots/bangers/ a proper butchers shop, :)

Yes I know it ? nice sausages also sells game. Reminds me of butchers when I was a kid ?

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/3/2018 at 13:25, bruno22rf said:

Richmond contain 42% Pork and cost around the £2 mark - same content as Sainsbury's at 80p/pack.

Sainsburys cheapos are nicer than their best sausages imho,Morrisons on the other hand make great garage door rollers rubber meatless and tasteless in 1 go

On 03/02/2018 at 13:29, Benthejockey said:

I think 42% meat means they can call them sausages rather than bangers which I think are 40% or less meat. We like making sausages, they’re not hard to make and it’s a bit of a laugh to make them with the wife ?

Good idea, what does she taste like?

• 11 months later...

Richmond sausages??? Can’t believe they are Nations favourite. Where do they get their stats from? A ****** little sausage best served with vindaloo and washed down with drain fluid to kill the taste!!! I’d rather stick needles in my eyes than eat those yummy little fellas!! Shame on you 😩

On 01/03/2018 at 11:27, hodge911 said:

go back a few years and Richmond were a nice sausage but now they taste disgusting !!!

I get some brilliant ones from Costco in a tray of 18 caramalised onion and pork nice and fat next to no fat comes out but there is enough fat content to make them nice and juicey when cooked

Yes +1 with Costco sausages very little fat comes out have you tried the butchers hook ones? Also the burgers 🍔 are very tasty not like some that you can buy which shrivel up to half the size when grilled and drip 💧 gallons of saturated lard into the tray! I will be honest though never liked hot dogs 🌭 they don’t look as though they contain real meat and are also a pulp constituency which is soooo wrong.