Richmond sausages.

samboy

"The Black Farmer" do some nice sausages but it's a shame you are not closer as we have a Farm nearby that makes sausages to an old English recipe - they use their own pork and pay a Butcher to visit the farm one day a week to joint all the meat etc - think they are about 96% Pork from memory and no fat comes out of them when cooking - amazing. As for Richmond we normally get them for 1p/pack as they reach their sell by date and the other half makes Sausage Rolls out of them adding Caramelised Onion Chutney to give some flavour.

Edited by bruno22rf

1 minute ago, bruno22rf said:

"The Black Farmer" do some nice sausages but it's a shame you are not closer as we have a Farm nearby that makes sausages to an old English recipe - they use their own pork and pay a Butcher to visit the farm one day a week to joint all the meat etc - think they are about 96% Pork from memory and no fat comes out of them when cooking - amazing. As for Richmond we normally get them for 1p/pack as they reach their sell by date and the other half makes Sausage Rolls out of them adding caramelised onion to give some flavour.

Our local one is Puddledub, which you can now get at any of the farmers markets and farm shops near fife.

5min south of Cluny clays for the farm but also now have a butcher shop in kirkcaldy.

One of the few places that you can get pork cheeks (which my wife loves) or other non-standard cuts

Oh...

I quite like Richmond's sausages - especially the next day, in a buttered roll. They taste a lot better than many other brands.

Sad to say I rarely use my local butcher. Living alone/cooking for one, it's a travel well out of my way to justify it. I need to get into the habit of batch buying enough for a month or 2 and then freezing it all...

22 hours ago, Remimax said:

yep they are total pants sweepings bread, bone & pink tinge followed with a drive by  wiff of summit pork.

worse one i've been offered was iceland sausage squares just horrid.

That’s not what you told me, you said you misses loved your sausage ?

I would not touch **** sausages. I am very lucky and keep a few pigs and when slaughtered I have some sausages made from their meat and they are fabulous. 

Best ever is a fry up is using sausage and bacon (home cured) from my pigs, eggs from our chickens, tomatoes from our garden and if I am lucky a mushroom or two that I have found when out with the dogs.