samboy

Richmond sausages.

9 hours ago, rimfire4969 said:

I would not touch **** sausages. I am very lucky and keep a few pigs and when slaughtered I have some sausages made from their meat and they are fabulous. 

Best ever is a fry up is using sausage and bacon (home cured) from my pigs, eggs from our chickens, tomatoes from our garden and if I am lucky a mushroom or two that I have found when out with the dogs.

sounds devine rimrire what time is brecky on Saturday :whistling:

Horrible stuff, a triumph of marketing.

The best sausages I have had were the lincolnshires from petits in Grimsby, these days i tend to go for supermarket own brand but either finest or one down.

On 07/02/2018 at 19:14, E.w. said:

That’s not what you told me, you said you misses loved your sausage 🐷

yep EW lucky for me  shes got a soft spot for  mini chipolatas :)

On 08/02/2018 at 11:25, rimfire4969 said:

I would not touch **** sausages. I am very lucky and keep a few pigs and when slaughtered I have some sausages made from their meat and they are fabulous. 

Best ever is a fry up is using sausage and bacon (home cured) from my pigs, eggs from our chickens, tomatoes from our garden and if I am lucky a mushroom or two that I have found when out with the dogs.

Living the dream, rimfire.

go back a few years and Richmond were a nice sausage but now they taste disgusting !!!

I get some brilliant ones from Costco in a tray of 18 caramalised onion and pork nice and fat next to no fat comes out but there is enough fat content to make them nice and juicey when cooked

On 08/02/2018 at 11:25, rimfire4969 said:

If I lived closer I'd be asking for an invite,

Sounds bloody lovely, 

When I used to live in London there was a family run butchers called kenedy's they only had two shops. No matter how much I bribed the butcher for the recipe he would never give it away! Sadly they are no longer but they were without doubt the best tasting sausages I have ever eaten! I used to drive from Somerset back up there just for those sausages! There Xmas puds were good too! 

hello, anyone on a visit to NEWBURY you will not go wrong with a look in Griffin family butchers shop, right by the bridge and a short walk from market place , thursdays and saturdays  

8 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, anyone on a visit to NEWBURY you will not go wrong with a look in Griffin family butchers shop, right by the bridge and a short walk from market place , thursdays and saturdays  

:good:

2 minutes ago, simonm said:

:good:

hello, i take it you know this shop simon m , not been in for a while but the make some lovely pies/sausages/faggots/bangers/ a proper butchers shop, :)

17 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, i take it you know this shop simon m , not been in for a while but the make some lovely pies/sausages/faggots/bangers/ a proper butchers shop, :)

Yes I know it 😀 nice sausages also sells game. Reminds me of butchers when I was a kid 😀

On 2/3/2018 at 13:25, bruno22rf said:

Richmond contain 42% Pork and cost around the £2 mark - same content as Sainsbury's at 80p/pack.

Sainsburys cheapos are nicer than their best sausages imho,Morrisons on the other hand make great garage door rollers rubber meatless and tasteless in 1 go

On 03/02/2018 at 13:29, Benthejockey said:

I think 42% meat means they can call them sausages rather than bangers which I think are 40% or less meat. We like making sausages, they’re not hard to make and it’s a bit of a laugh to make them with the wife 😂

Good idea, what does she taste like?

I grew up quite close to Walls sausage factory and a couple of lads I knew did engineering apprenticeships there. The stories they told then have put me off eating sausages for life, and meat pies.  

Edited by Vince Green