Kent Wildfowler’s Press Release

DNT

Not at all!

All shooting is by permit only. We now have approaching 80 permits areas, plus 6 inland freshmarsh areas let out to club syndicates. Permits numbers are determined by the size of the land: i.e Swale (8 kilometres of coast on both banks) no limit on numbers and availability, allowing members to go when they want subject to a permit return each month); at the other extreme small island with only 2 permits. We have several of these large in essence unlimited areas. This works well, meaning members can invariable shoot when they want providing they are organised and book in advance.

Most areas are running well below capacity, and with a handful of exceptions permit uptake to most areas runs at below 30%. It still surprises me how seldom most members actually go out!

Controlling permit availability also means the quality of shooting is maximised

Edited by Ajarrett

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 08/11/2018 at 07:26, Ajarrett said:

Not at all!

All shooting is by permit only. We now have approaching 80 permits areas, plus 6 inland freshmarsh areas let out to club syndicates. Permits numbers are determined by the size of the land: i.e Swale (8 kilometres of coast on both banks) no limit on numbers and availability, allowing members to go when they want subject to a permit return each month); at the other extreme small island with only 2 permits. We have several of these large in essence unlimited areas. This works well, meaning members can invariable shoot when they want providing they are organised and book in advance.

Most areas are running well below capacity, and with a handful of exceptions permit uptake to most areas runs at below 30%. It still surprises me how seldom most members actually go out!

Controlling permit availability also means the quality of shooting is maximised

Nice to hear it's being managed well 👍

• 1 month later...

This is an interesting Post good to se the KWCA are doing well, to add all members i have spoken too are members of BASC in there own right?

Assuming the joining fee for KWCA went down for new members when the disaffiliation occurred? 

does the membership figures include joint clubs like Leigh on sea? my understanding is that they are unhappy with the arrangement and looking to leave the joint venture.. 

Doesn't sound as sunny as some would have you believe..

Whether members are BASC in their own right, is up to them. We don't know. All we do know is that we offer an excellent membership package, and the numbers speak for themselves.

Yes, it does include LOSWA, and far from leaving the JV things have never been better. Very sunny indeed with new purchases and shooting  rights on an annual basis.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...