Kent Wildfowler’s Press Release

DNT

We are certainly facing uncertain times, but I fear no matter If it says BASC or WAGBI 2 over the doorway of our organisations HQ we could still be in the e3xact same difficulties.

It could just be nothing we do will or can change anything, and the feared outcome will be the outcome. But i am sure BASC will do all it can if it is possible to do so. Have you spoken to BASC with regards these  concerns, and WHAT did they have to say on the subject. ?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always work and make decisions with the evidence provided. So far  BASC has failed to get shooting included in the Conservatives last manifesto. I now find out that the advisors to the Prime Minister do not have a favourable opinion to country sports as well. Previously BASC always worked with all the political parties to make sure that shooting was recognised unbiassed in each parties manifesto. Not any more?

• Now that labour have a policy against caged laying and rearing of gamebirds.
  • Then calling for a public consultation to look over the process of our wildfowling consents is just bonkers.
  • I have seen the published output from BASC that is enough and all I need. 
  • The printed word is far better evidence than words spoken on a telephone or in person they can always be denied.
  • In short BASC love wildfowlers they all exhibit blind faith in a Fake Deity.

How many times do wildfowlers  need to watch a person picking up puppy beating the puppy then picking it up and cuddling again. Not to intervene and stop the wrong happening?

I hope the analogy makes sense!

Other really important matters that the shooting organisation should be sorting out not navelgazing that it continues to do and has done for many years. Looking at the processes and supposedly serving the members and looking after the deerstalkers at the expense of the wildfowler. Oh yes they will present lots of statistical evidence on what they have achieved or supposedly achieved but in reality what have they actually delivered?

The reality is wildfowlers have one full-time officer one part-time assistant and one land agent!

Helping us please share the evidence what they have done for you recently.

High-level political representation is non-existent for wildfowling.

Twag

Let me put this another way.

BASC rides high on the reliance that all its wildfowling members have blind Faith in the organisation and do not question or hold to account the council or staff. they will not leave the organisation which they believe is their spiritual alter to worship at.

If Another organisation came along WAGBI 2.1 or whatever you want to call it.

Wildfowlers would be for better joining both organisations and putting both of them to the test.

Then the winner would be the one who had achieved the most in a set period of time for wildfowling.

Competition breeds success at the moment there is no competition. Just blind faith that is being exploited.

Please debate.

TWAG

Edited by TWAG

I do not believe for one moment wildfowlers  generally have blind faith in any organisation BASC or AN other, but Constantly ribbing the best thing we have as an up and going organisation to try and protect our sport is doing none of us any favours. I believe if we all put as much effort into supporting BASC and steering them in the direction we as members need them to go we will get a lot further than the asleep at the wheel comments and and constantly focusing on the negatives surrounding BASC at the moment.

2 minutes ago, Kalahari said:

Well I am a wildfowler and I am standing for BASC Council this time round so you could consider voting for me.

David.

David Seager.pdf

And although i do not know David taking this approach and using typical engine terminology Tuning BASC to do what we as members need them to do for our sport.

BASC are functioning for wildfowlers  with support and help they may need when BASC  can.

basc had issues internally and has its fair share of detractors doing their level best to derail what is currently there in place by way of wild fowling support. I just do not think that given the issues in BASC and relatively new managers in place we do need in these difficult times to have BASC with us we can not gain anything by decrying them the way so many do. They have the staff experienced staff still in place  quietly getting on day after day doing what they have done for years. BASC do not make enough of a song and dance about their achievements when assisting wildfowling clubs much or the work goes on largely unnoticed.

Perhaps they should make more of a fuss about their successes, after all i am sure any alternative companies would make as much noise about achievements as they could.

In my opinion we as wildfowlers need BASC   we simply do not have any other organisation available with the experience staff and infastructure to uphold our sport in these troubled times.

A nostalgic walk down memory lane hand in hand with WAGBI 2 is quaint but frankly unrealistic and certainly ill timed, we need to get influence in BASC voting on councils is one way but simply asking questions is another.

16 minutes ago, TWAG said:

The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable man persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.

Wile we are quoting shaw ASK BASC you might just receive. .

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.
george_bernard_shaw

Edited by lancer425

• 2 weeks later...

Twag is back

You you have completely avoided the point I have been making!

"In my opinion we as wildfowlers need BASC   we simply do not have any other organisation available with the experience staff and infastructure to uphold our sport in these troubled times."

Good decisions and policy are made on sound evidence not emotional and passionate beliefs.

Please evidence how you came to this conclusion?

Twag

On 2/20/2018 at 14:37, lancer425 said:

Perhaps they should make more of a fuss about their successes, after all i am sure any alternative companies would make as much noise about achievements as they could.

Well I never did hear BASC shout from the rooftops about "their" input to a successful challenge ( to date)  on restriction and/or removal of lead shot from live quarry shotgunning. Incidentally I never saw much/any input from the Stalkers/Rifle Brigade in contesting this manoeuvre to impose further restriction on the shooting community.

On 2/20/2018 at 14:37, lancer425 said:

n my opinion we as wildfowlers need BASC   we simply do not have any other organisation available with the experience staff and infastructure to uphold our sport in these troubled times.

So where was the Countryside Alliance and their representative on the Lead Ammunition Advisory Group whilst Basc Council members  were sleeping and being lead (sorry, just had to...:no:).... down the garden path, Swiftly, to a point where lead shot was banned for live quarry.

*** wake up....!!!

On 20/02/2018 at 14:53, lancer425 said:

Wile we are quoting shaw ASK BASC you might just receive. .

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.
george_bernard_shaw

Substitute "Communication" with "Consultation" and the above is a more appropriate phrase for this day and age!

On Thursday March 08, 2018 at 20:16, harkom said:

Well I never did hear BASC shout from the rooftops about "their" input to a successful challenge ( to date)  on restriction and/or removal of lead shot from live quarry shotgunning. Incidentally I never saw much/any input from the Stalkers/Rifle Brigade in contesting this manoeuvre to impose further restriction on the shooting community.

So where was the Countryside Alliance and their representative on the Lead Ammunition Advisory Group whilst Basc Council members  were sleeping and being lead (sorry, just had to...).... down the garden path, Swiftly, to a point where lead shot was banned for live quarry.

*** wake up....!!!

LEAD           BAN!         Two words guaranteed to put me to sleep .

On Thursday March 08, 2018 at 20:32, panoma1 said:

Substitute "Communication" with "Consultation" and the above is a more appropriate phrase for this day and age!

I agree . 

• 1 month later...

Yep. Just go online to inquire. Someone will help you through it. www.kentwildfowlers.co.uk 

We have no limit on membership numbers - over 700 last year.

Alan

The people who have already coughed up to become associate members will be first in the que !

Of course. Its queue! Most seem happy to be Associates at the moment.

Alan

On ‎07‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 21:01, Ajarrett said:

Yep. Just go online to inquire. Someone will help you through it. www.kentwildfowlers.co.uk 

Alan

The people who have already coughed up to become associate members will be first in the que !

Alan

Do all new associates get mentoring from your friend  Curtis?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 07/05/2018 at 21:01, Ajarrett said:

Alan

Queuing! Sounds AWESOME.

Ive been a member of the BASC For many years being a Wildfowler  I THINK a lot of the shooting organizations look down there noses at wildfowlers i think they favor deer stalkers and game shooting guns JUST my opinion but you look at magazines.notices.coverage on social media etc id say we wildfowlers get about 15 per cent coverage and the deer stalkers and pheasant partridge shooters etc get the other 85 per cent Reading KENT Wildfowlers press release im shocked at the BASC 'Id say wildfowling is the purist shooting sport in Britain not that i have anything against any man or woman who pursues field sports of any other kind THINK ALL WILDFOWLERS need to stick together

9 hours ago, Gerry78 said:

Ive been a member of the BASC For many years being a Wildfowler  I THINK a lot of the shooting organizations look down there noses at wildfowlers i think they favor deer stalkers and game shooting guns JUST my opinion but you look at magazines.notices.coverage on social media etc id say we wildfowlers get about 15 per cent coverage and the deer stalkers and pheasant partridge shooters etc get the other 85 per cent Reading KENT Wildfowlers press release im shocked at the BASC 'Id say wildfowling is the purist shooting sport in Britain not that i have anything against any man or woman who pursues field sports of any other kind THINK ALL WILDFOWLERS need to stick together

That's one of the reasons why the Association of UK Wildfowling Clubs (AUKWC) was formed....so Wildfowlings voice was not only heard but listened to!

• 1 month later...