Permission for ferretting in north Notts

henry_o

If there are any young lads/lasses out there looking for some easy land to go ferreting on, I have some sand land where the rabbits have built up (easy digging and mainly shallow warrens). A days worth of ferreting for a responsible group. Must use nets, no guns or dogs permitted. This is also a one off, not an open ended invitation. You can keep what you catch. This is advertised elsewhere so get in touch quickly if you want to have a go. I could go and shoot them but thought it’d be good to try and get youngsters involved and provide a day out for someone.  

That’s a very kind offer from you, just a shame there seems to-be very little interest from any youngsters, mind you at this time of year they will more than likely have to do a fair bit of digging but if its sandy soil as you say then that’s not so bad.

Strange how you don’t see many youngsters taking up ferreting these days, have you had any replies from the other place?

decline in rabbit numbers. i keep ferrets and rabbit numbers on the whole around the country seem to be hugely in decline from what they were 10 years ago. with the 2 rabbit dieseases and mixy hitting numbers realy hard.there seem to be less people keeping proper working ferrets now either. there are lots of pet stuff about that people say have worked but have probably only ever been through a plastic tube. saying that mine have seen less work this year than ever 

probably lack of rabbits, I had loads of fun ferreting but what would I do with them now? I haven't looked for rabbits in quite some time, but reading the threads on here and elsewhere there aren't many about. Can't beat listening for that bump bump, followed by a bulging net, or an explosion of leaves because you missed a hole.

Hi folks. Have had a bit of interest via pm. You’re right in saying there aren’t many about on the whole. I’ve gone nearly 6 years barely shooting a rabbit. On this particular field they have built up and can soon do damage. I used to go out every weekend as a teenager with ferrets and come back laden. Was better than tv/computers etc.