Gun cam

Sparky88

I use one of these:  it was cheaper on 'prime day' but still at full price it's quite excellent for the money. I haven't attached it to the gun, but I put it about 3-4 meters from me, and you can see the action very nicely in the video.

The video quality is actually very good. The remote is quite handy as well... I haven't tried all the fancy features like wifi...

11 hours ago, Sparky88 said:

Thanks fellas. Any one used one of the tachyon barrel cams?.

I used one of the ebay bullet cam for a bit. The quality wasn't *bad* but the mount was very, very poor and once you added the 5 layers of tape you need so you don't gouge your barrels, the camera woblles a bit and it's very hard to get any good footage. Don't buy one...

The tachyon looks like it's 30fps, you don't see the shot string, which makes it as useful as the aforementioned cheap cams. You see the shot string for perhaps 2 frames, if the light is right. I hate to say it but it's miles behind the shotkam.

Only one I could consider is the aimcam... but then again I haven't seen a *nice* video of it. You see 2 minutes videos, most of them aren't even aligned with the rib... I'll got at the shooting show and have a 'proper' look at one...

I have had a camera mounted on my gun, which is similar to the one buzz left a link for. The camera moves when you pull the triggger, no matter how tight you turn the thumb screws. The sound of the gun going off is poor, although other sounds are fine. I like Motty am interested in the Shotkam.

Bear in mind that in order to process the footage you'll need a computer with matched power specs to the resolution of the camera. A 4K camera will kill an average/4 year old laptop.

I've recently had to upgrade my laptop so I could process footage and I was only using HD/1080p (it was the picture in picture footage that really caused a problem)

14 minutes ago, Breastman said:

Bear in mind that in order to process the footage you'll need a computer with matched power specs to the resolution of the camera. A 4K camera will kill an average/4 year old laptop.

I've recently had to upgrade my laptop so I could process footage and I was only using HD/1080p (it was the picture in picture footage that really caused a problem)

Yes same here, i got a drone with a 4 k camera , ended up have to buy a faster desk top computer to process  the stuff, i think something like about a 2 or 3 minute video in 4 k is over 1 gig of memory. 

1 minute ago, Sparky88 said:

What camera are you using m8.

I use a Contour GPS action camera on a headband mount on the side of a baseball cap and I was also taking drone footage at the same time. Putting the two 1080p feeds into the video editing software ground my laptop to a halt. Just bought a second hand one but its got 8gb memory, expandable to 16gb and an i5 processor. My old laptop had 2gb RAm and was at least 8 years old so couldn't cope.

Have you had a look at the AimCam glasses? They're £200 but you get a really good shooters view of the action. I think they're going to have a stand at this years shooting show if you were going so you could get hands on. (N.B. Don't buy any of the normal/budget shooting cam glasses, because the camera is fixed in the middle of the frame they only work for pistol shooting, not rifles or shotguns)