Bought a little roadster

Davyo

On 07/02/2018 at 19:07, GingerCat said:

I used to have a red mk1 mr2 with tagra roof. In the dry I darent push it to its limit's, in the wet I darent drive it. 

Little 2 seaters like that and the (dare I say it better) mx5 are great fun. 

I had a mr2 turbo, brilliant car however it was a little snappy in the wet. 

The mr2 had a little more kit and refined but I think the Mx5 is much more fun 

both great cars and enjoyed owning both

working on the mr2 was a pig

Having duch a blast at the moment playing about with this little roadster.Just fitted a fog light and stalk kit (wiring already there). While i was on fitting the tablet & Sony bt unit (ditched the factory unit as sounded pants and had no hansfree) in the dash i noticed the wiring for heated seats is also there.So looking on ebay for a set of leather rather than get the cloth ones recovered in leather.I have also fitted chrome roll bar covers and chrome sir vents.Got some chrome wing mirrors on order and chrome surround for the fog lights.

Wheels will be getting full refurb in the spring and also some premium rubber. Callapers to be painted red with new pads & vented discs.Plenty to be getting on with for now.

192018195239.jpg

192018195144.jpg

Edited by Davyo

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like fun, I've had my Z3 a whole year, and did 400 miles with it (with top down) last week-end (before the snow arrived) it was fantastic. I had a big grin all the way back from berkshire to wales, and back again.

I don't know much about MX5's, but the Z3's are great fun as little roadster. I had a hard top on since november or so, which i removed before last week-end, I missed the *noise* of the straight 6 (I got the 2.8, ~200bhp), I feel like a kid revving it in the tunnels, with my wife rolling her eyes over..

I re-did the suspensions all around, quite a few rubber bits were upgraded and many other things we 'fixed', and next is a full brake overall for spring. I had the wheels refurbed (around £~250 around here for the four corners). Oh I also bought some 'summer' 18" wheels as well.

I know some people will say 'hairdresser cars' but really, i get from ~30 to 80 in about 4 seconds in third gear with that car, and it makes a frigging *racket* getting there -- and most of the drag is because I'm grinning all the way :-)

Enjoy your roadster, it looks awesome. Lucky there's space for you to fit that 2 unit screen in there; quite handy!

nxurx60.jpg

Looks a cracker. Mostly far better to keep the cars as they were built. Always tempting to go that bit faster but when you get there you realise it was just as much fun before. 

I had a car that on a friday night I would drive from Birmingham to Wales and back just for fun. It was so quick the roof used to peel back from the screen fixing. Eventually taking a sharp bend on the M6 the angel went off on the dash and I used the ABS over 6 lanes to stop the thing. I sold it straight after, just not worth the prison sentance or worse. Everything in moderation.