Syndicate prices

stu_young

Depends on the number of days etc. but would expect the subs to be around £800 to £1000 a year.  9-10yrs now since I ran a syndicate and back then the subs where £600 a year and our days where walk one stand one, averaged about 40 birds a day, with access for vermin pigeons by arrangement.  In my view anything cheaper will be just that, 'CHEAP'.

1 hour ago, Old farrier said:

So between £20. And £50    A bird dependent on the bag 

Never really thought of it in those terms to be honest. Early days bag is 40 ish obviously failing off to only a 12-20 on last half of season. Two teams eight guns standing. I think however it works out per bird its cheap shooting and you get to work the dog. Not only that but a really good bunch of blokes ? 

Nice to see prices have stayed about the same. The important aspect is the term DIY and does that mean all of the guns are expected to pull their weight because my experience over 30 to 40yrs of running such shoots it always comes down to the same half dozen, so we arranged discounts for the regular workers and that still saw the same guys turning up on work days.

Amazingly they all turned out on shoot days or if we arranged a Saturday afternoon pigeon flight.

One of mine sadly folded because the maintenance just wasn't getting done, bird numbers went down, interest went down and repeat until closure.

id gladly join another Diy as big bags not my thing and love a day with like minded folks so the people are often the most important thing in a syndicate as they make or break the experience

Mine is beat one shoot one over 8 drives and 9 days throughout the season

hot home made meal at dinner time, tea coffee and sweets

heads of game are between 15 and 30 however trying to improve rhis

£300

But there is an expectation that the guns will assist with feeding and maintenance 

that said I’ve just taken over the shoot, prices are staying the same but will see what we can improve 

50 minutes ago, Dazza9t9 said:

Mine is beat one shoot one over 8 drives and 9 days throughout the season

hot home made meal at dinner time, tea coffee and sweets

heads of game are between 15 and 30 however trying to improve rhis

£300

But there is an expectation that the guns will assist with feeding and maintenance 

that said I’ve just taken over the shoot, prices are staying the same but will see what we can improve 

Can I ask number off birds you put down and guns in your syndicate 

20 minutes ago, The gouse said:

Can I ask number off birds you put down and guns in your syndicate 

This is a good question: we are looking at putting 300 to 350 birds down.

In the old shoot there was 12 guns but I am looking at increasing this to 14 or 16 as we are not adopting a shoot one beat one.

i have only just taken over this shoot and very much in the planning stage. I have been a member of the syndicate for 6 years plus 

The old shoot was not working, I think with the changes we are implementing we will see a bigger head count 

19 minutes ago, Dazza9t9 said:

This is a good question: we are looking at putting 300 to 350 birds down.

In the old shoot there was 12 guns but I am looking at increasing this to 14 or 16 as we are not adopting a shoot one beat one.

i have only just taken over this shoot and very much in the planning stage. I have been a member of the syndicate for 6 years plus 

The old shoot was not working, I think with the changes we are implementing we will see a bigger head count 

What is your acreage just asking as you shoot 8 drives for not a lot of birds put down,

is your land good for holding birds can you not up your numder of birds.

what numder as been put down in the past.

900 acre, DIY, 16 guns, 8 days plus 2 outside days, walk one, stand one, 6 drives plus odd walked up bits, 500 birds to pen, 50 - 20 avg. bag, duck and goose flights, two 16 acre reservoirs, cover crops, pigeon, rabbit and vermin out of season, feeding rota, 4 - 6 work parties, friends and family beaters. £500 full gun, £250 half, £5 per gun beater's tip.

Edited by Penelope