I’ve heard it all now.

JDog

1 hour ago, JDog said:

Countryfile is on in the background. They have just done an article on foxes. Ellie Harrison visited a fox sanctuary and said...’These foxes have all been rescued from the wild’.

You couldn't make it up! I despair at times, I really do. I have no idea where we as a race are going with this. Quite worrying really; the countryside it appears is slowly being taken over by metropolitans with a scarily infantile mindset.

16 hours ago, JDog said:

Countryfile is on in the background. They have just done an article on foxes. Ellie Harrison visited a fox sanctuary and said...’These foxes have all been rescued from the wild’.

If you want to get seriously rich, start an animal sanctuary and use every form of social media known to man to advertise it and fund raise, fund raise fund raise. People will throw money at you 

It is literally a licence to print money, nobody at the top cares a flying 'fig' about the foxes.

The RSPCA learned that trick works a long time ago

Edited by Vince Green

I find this genuinely quite worrying, it's corrosive and accumulative and it appears to be going only one way.  It will get worse.

All I can hope for this source of propaganda is that the BBC realises it has lost its way in much the same way as they did with Gardeners World.  However, I think this is extremely unlikely.

They need somebody like Robin Page behind it though it will never happen.  Dropped by the BBC and now by The Telegraph.

“Most countryside imitations in the media are sanitized and soaked in saccharine and saccharine is an artificial sweetener.

“I sought no favours and described things as they are, including sharp teeth and claws. I felt that I was giving a voice to Britain's most endangered minority in multi-cultural Britain – traditional country people".

I never saw this.what was the reason these animals needed to be rescued from their natural habitat.people who live in the cities have always believed that country folk are all as thick as the cow muck in the fields.yet they swallow this type of rubbish and reach into their bank accounts to donate cash to anyone who dreams up a save the furry ones scheme.well this week I am rescuing some bullocks from the wild.these can be seen in supermarkets in a few weeks.

13 minutes ago, yod dropper said:

I find this genuinely quite worrying, it's corrosive and accumulative and it appears to be going only one way.  It will get worse.

All I can hope for this source of propaganda is that the BBC realises it has lost its way in much the same way as they did with Gardeners World.  However, I think this is extremely unlikely.

They need somebody like Robin Page behind it though it will never happen.  Dropped by the BBC and now by The Telegraph.

“Most countryside imitations in the media are sanitized and soaked in saccharine and saccharine is an artificial sweetener.

“I sought no favours and described things as they are, including sharp teeth and claws. I felt that I was giving a voice to Britain's most endangered minority in multi-cultural Britain – traditional country people".

There are only two ways that the BBC will change from it's political agenda which expands by the day. One it gets reigned in by government, which is highly unlikely because all three major political parties in the main share this agenda. Or two, people stop watching it and stop paying the licence fee. So, if you don't like it, stop sponsoring it. There's a whole wealth of other stuff you could be doing rather than sitting on your backsides watching propoganda.

You have to take into account that for the BBC a trip to a fox sanctuary is a really cheap and easy (lazy?) way of filling about 20 minutes of programme time. Its a ready made story all there on a plate for them. People to interview etc  ready and waiting. They just have to roll up and film it. The sanctuary isn't going to charge them because they want the publicity. 

Much easier than having to actually research and write a story line from scratch.

I didn`t see this particular programme,  perhaps some one can enlighten me as to what the sanctuary is going to do with these rescued foxes?

My understanding was that it was/is illegal to release them back into the wild as they are classed as vermin.

Foxes are predators and territorial, if released on a farmers land or into a private woodland, usually with out permission, in the dead of night,  as why would anyone willingly add a load of predators to their land? will very quickly meet a violent end. I have read many accounts of vehicles dropping foxes off in the dead of night and these then being rapidly shot by the local guns as the foxes don`t know where to go, being  disoriented by strange surroundings and warning scents all over the place. Truly cannon fodder.

I can still remember my old friends mother sitting by the Aga saying "Where there`s live stock, there`s dead stock" and that pretty much sums up the whole circle of life.

Sadly I am awaiting the first report of a baby being taken and eaten, because people are stupid enough to encourage a top of the range predator within their boundaries.

4 hours ago, Flyboy1950 said:

I didn`t see this particular programme,  perhaps some one can enlighten me as to what the sanctuary is going to do with these rescued foxes?

My understanding was that it was/is illegal to release them back into the wild as they are classed as vermin.

Foxes are predators and territorial, if released on a farmers land or into a private woodland, usually with out permission, in the dead of night,  as why would anyone willingly add a load of predators to their land? will very quickly meet a violent end. I have read many accounts of vehicles dropping foxes off in the dead of night and these then being rapidly shot by the local guns as the foxes don`t know where to go, being  disoriented by strange surroundings and warning scents all over the place. Truly cannon fodder.

I can still remember my old friends mother sitting by the Aga saying "Where there`s live stock, there`s dead stock" and that pretty much sums up the whole circle of life.

Sadly I am awaiting the first report of a baby being taken and eaten, because people are stupid enough to encourage a top of the range predator within their boundaries.

It is not illegal to release them back in the wild as they are an indigenous species. Pest controllers often release trapped foxes a few miles up the road because they do not have a legal way of killing them. They release them quite openly because its not breaking any laws, but they don't care what happens to them after that.

The only animals that cannot be re-released are non indigenous species like grey squirrels, mink and coypu. However, killing them, once live trapped, is problematic these days with all the threats of prosecution.

All the sanctuary is doing is putting a few foxes on show for the cameras and for the benefit of the mugs who give them money. Once they outlive their usefulness or it gets too crowded then they release them to go and live with all their foxy friends in the country. Except we all know the reality, taking a fox out of its home environment and then re-releasing into a hostile alien environment means death usually for the fox  

Edited by Vince Green

1 hour ago, Flyboy1950 said:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2276529/Fox-attacks-baby-First-picture-week-old-Denny-Dolan-finger-ripped-Bromley-home.html

If you google fox attacks baby, lots of incidents come up. The link is to one of the latest.