A NEW PERSON.

Robden

Greetings :yes:.    A bit about myself.

Right then. To start off with........I'm an old ****. Yeah, I actually remember where I was and what I was doing when JFK copped it. :unhappy:

When I lived in Suffolk I had eight shotguns.   A couple of 410s, A Russian 20g side by side hammer (no proof marks), a o/u Baikal (of course), a Browning semi auto and a couple of others. Our house backed onto farmland and the farmer gave his permission to shoot on said farmland. I bought a cheap clay thrower and great fun was had by all. 

Anyway, later on I took early retirement, we bought a boat, sold up and lived on the boat for the next ten years. Unfortunately it was so much hassle to get permission to take a gun on the boat that I sold my guns and returned the SGC to the old Bill police.  Been back on terra firma for about two years and living in Cheshire. Now I'm on my own and getting a bit bored at times, I went and shot at a few clays  at a nearby shooting school. I say "shot at" because I missed most of them, (are they smaller now?) but......the feel, the sound......and the smell brought it all back. 

The next day I started the process of getting another SGC. :D   That's where I am now. :watch:  .  I am or was, quite heavily into watches but now I keep looking and reading about shotguns. In fact I quite fancy the ATA adjustable Sporter to start off with...........unless, of course, you persuade me otherwise. 

Thanks for reading this diatribe and please be prepared to answer some really stupid questions.

"What's that? Yes nurse, I know, but the door was unlocked!"

Rob....

23 minutes ago, Jaymo said:

Welcome indeed.

A far greater Bio than most of us put up for which I salute you 

Thanks. One tries you know. :D

I'm on a couple of other (unrelated) forums and a lot of the members get peed off with the first post of  "Hello! how much is xyz worth?"  When asked for a bit more info, they usually vanish and are not seen or heard of again.  Not that they would have got a valuation anyway, but if someone did a better intro and are willing to participate in things, they got a better response.  

5 hours ago, Mr.C said:

Hi Robden and welcome.

What do you intend to use the ATA for? I only ask as I was investigating for a mate who fancied one for clays but they looked a tad light at around 7lbs. 

@Farmboy91 what do you recon about the weight/recoil, recon you might get a pounding after 100 sporting?

Truth be told I haven't been clay smashing yet with it but I've done plenty of rough shooting with it, 30g 6" pigeon selects are nice and smooth though it. 

As for weight I certainly notice on my left forearm when I've been it for an hour or 2 but it swings through nicely.