SpaceX Falcon heavy rocket test launch.

catchthepigeonmutley

I was glued to the stream. Had the audio at the start thru the lounge amplifier too.

That footage of the two boosters landing together is ... history to me. Most perfect 10 seconds of space footage in the last 20 years. It's very likely they lost the center core (missed the barge) but hell, the boosters landing in sync!

It’s to me absolutely ( swear words ) amazing - yes I know that rocket tech put people object and even a few monkeys into space, but this is something else.

As Zapp mentioned, the investment and intentions of a Private ‘enterprise’ ( like the space ref) is something else beyond what Governments intend.

The public scrutiny of such a launch too, really shows some confidence and abilities of all those involved- makes Britain’s ‘Virgin Gallactic’ really look like the garden shed project that it is ( ok, so different design intentions and utilisation) 

Really was a shame that the drone ship didn’t receive its intended ‘cargo’ , but when the video feed cut I had the feeling this was the case- however the synchronised landing of the two side pods was mightily impressive.

Can you imagine the amusement/ bewilderment of future Space travellers to see a Tesla Roadster floating past :-)