six nations

bumpy22

27 minutes ago, krugerandsmith said:

Well stand by watching the games Wales were by far the better side.

Better than Scotland on the day for sure. Maybe Wales can beat England this year. They haven't been able to in 2014, 2015, 2016, or 2017 so they are due a win. :good:

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

21 hours ago, bumpy22 said:

italy will go the tournament without a win but i think france will struggle more than scotland. i know they took a battering by the welsh but france dont seem to be able to get  a settled side or a outside half

You are more confident than I!

The French pack will steam-roller Scotland I fear, and it won't matter much about 'playing rugby'. I really hope I'm wrong though... but it's OK, Scotland were the whipping boys in 2000 then England rocked upto Murrayfield and we won. I'll take that again ?

14 minutes ago, Harry Callahan said:

You are more confident than I!

The French pack will steam-roller Scotland I fear, and it won't matter much about 'playing rugby'. I really hope I'm wrong though... but it's OK, Scotland were the whipping boys in 2000 then England rocked upto Murrayfield and we won. I'll take that again ?

possibly but i still think scotland will turn them over. the french gave a lot of penalties away and just dont seem to be able to put a consistent side out. there hooker would get in most teams though to be fair quality player around the park

6 hours ago, JDog said:

Humour is always in short supply in threads like this.

I never mind what the results are in the Six Nations as long as the games are entertaining and as long as England beat Wales, Scotland, Ireland, France and Italy.

I like it, dont enjoy watching games where a team gets thrashed, I like a nice competitive game, where England win ? 

In the interests of balance on this thread…

As a Northern Irish Person Permanently Living in England (you can work out the acronym, swear filter won’t allow it) I was tearing out what little hair I have left, five minutes before the end of the France-Ireland game. Even allowing for the conditions, a dreadfully tedious match but one which should never have been in doubt. Then France take a one-point lead with nanoseconds to go ….aaargh!

46 (FORTY SIX!!!) phases later with the clock very red, that drop goal from just about the 10-yard line goes over. Could not believe it. And nor could they!

God’s in his heaven, all’s right with the world

4 hours ago, bumpy22 said:

possibly but i still think scotland will turn them over. the french gave a lot of penalties away and just dont seem to be able to put a consistent side out. there hooker would get in most teams though to be fair quality player around the park

True. It'll be a nervous few days for me. I'm liking our lineup and the bench looks much better this time - except for Harris. Still confused why Bennet isn't involved though, not sure what Townsend is waiting for!

I have been lucky enough to live and work in all four of the home nations, but spent most of my childhood in England, whilst the english rugby development funding did a lot for the school I went to. As such I tend to cheer for england, or if they arent playing whichever placei am living in at the time. I have noticed the 'banter' between the welsh and english is a hell of a lot less freindly than with any of the other teams though, to the extent it makes me much less keen to work there again.

I was in Murrayfield for scotland vs newzealand in the autumn and had high hopes for scotland this year, lets hope they can find that magic something again.

I don't think the Welsh/English banter is unfriendly in general, it's just some take it too far. I've got 3 Welsh builders round at the moment and the ribbing back and forth (they had to mention the 2015 World Cup and I had to mention the 2003 World Cup and the last 4 six nations :lol:) is terrific. 

As long as the games are fair and with no dodgy decisions, may the best team win. :good:

All depends how much beer is involved, at murrayfield a few years the banter and pubs after the game was amazing, in an England shirt no problems, years and years ago in minehead watching England vs Ireland loads of welsh lads on the ale, it was getting nasty and wales weren't even playing.

1 hour ago, walshie said:

As long as the games are fair and with no dodgy decisions, may the best team win. :good:

Sadly the decisions are very inconsistent and quite poor at critical times. It's a shame the ref standards are not quite where they should be.

But that isn't the fault of either team - things are fine unless you're supporting the ref ?

Well Wales are definitely 100% going to win tomorrow. 3 separate people have told my mrs that this morning. :sad1: Not having Youngs, Marler or Haskell isn't ideal, but would you put your house on that result? You can get 5/1 odds on a Wales win.

Edited by walshie