bumpy22

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Harry Callahan said:

Sadly the decisions are very inconsistent and quite poor at critical times. It's a shame the ref standards are not quite where they should be.

But that isn't the fault of either team - things are fine unless you're supporting the ref ?

In any international, refereeing must be a nightmare because 'professional' infringements happen every second, but the ref has a responsibility to keep the game moving for the TV cameras. They can't keep stopping for ever little thing

Edited by Vince Green

3 hours ago, Vince Green said:

In any international, refereeing must be a nightmare because 'professional' infringements happen every second, but the ref has a responsibility to keep the game moving for the TV cameras. They can't keep stopping for ever little thing

Sadly that's not what I'm getting at... blatant forward passes missed or just ignored, questionable penalty's given, inconsistent interpretation at the breakdown or scrum and my pet hate - the huge variation in playing advantage.

There is no 'set standard'. Any ref can have an off day, or make the odd bad call - but some are sub standard.

On 2/8/2018 at 09:53, walshie said:

Better than Scotland on the day for sure. Maybe Wales can beat England this year. They haven't been able to in 2014, 2015, 2016, or 2017 so they are due a win. :good:

Or 2018. :yahoo::yahoo:

Great game. I knew it was going to be close. 

23 hours ago, bumpy22 said:

Strange game at times... England look in full control then go a bit loose and look lost, then back in full control again! Sharp at times, but will need to up their game an awful lot of they want to beat Ireland.

Wales... well they didn't deserve the losing bonus point IMO.

EDIT: Not sure why I have a quote to you bumpy in my message??? Can't seem to get rid of it either...

Edited by Harry Callahan

I expected the game to open up more in the second half, wales looked dangerous at the end. Scrapy game but sure England will be happy with the win.

And wales will moan it was a try ?

3 hours ago, The gouse said:

Mice the proper game as finished the mighty SPURS won 

90 mins 1 goal, always good for an afternoon nap :whistling:

'Tis only banter mate. If Wales had won they'd be magnanimous in victory.  :whistling: so I'm repaying the compliment.

Of course I support the Home Nations. I live in Wales, I'm English my wife is Irish and my dog's from Scotland. Multi-cultural me. 

On ‎09‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 19:27, bumpy22 said:

the worst thing is the put in at the scrum  makes it pointless scrummaging if the balls in the  second row straight away

Yes I agree, and with the close up view you get from the cameras its there for all to see. It never would happen at club level matches.