six nations

bumpy22

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

England and Wales have been fierce rivals at Rugby for well over 100 years now. If it wasn't fairly evenly matched there wouldn't be any rivalry at all. I don't hear any fans slating Italy in a spiteful way as they simply aren't rivals in the true sense.

I have never confused rivalry with hostility. If you do, you should give your head a shake.

Just now, Mr gen said:

yes England and wales are great rivals and always will be, the banter at work is great especially working right on the border but..... it was a TRY!!!!   

From what I saw the Welsh player got to the ball in the air first, but didn't ground it properly under control!.......the English player did! Well that seems to be what the video ref thought anyway!

24 minutes ago, Rim Fire said:

Then you don't drink in the same valleys as me Ireland Scotland france and Italy just banter England we hate with a vengeance as i said believe me

Which is exactly why I didn't move to a part of Wales where the mentality is to hate a country just because they are better at a sport than you are. 

22 minutes ago, Rim Fire said:

why is it when we visit any of the countries they all hate England they all say it England is the most hated country possibly in the world oh and i wont mention Brown knocking the ball out of Gareth Davies hand in your 22 

My, the evenings must just fly by where you are. Really? Grown men with nothing else to do but talk about how much they hate England. Most hated country in the world. Lol. 

And I won't  mention the forward pass that gave you your bonus point try against Scotland. 

Edited by walshie

Apparently you can't be racist towards the English.

I don't hate any of the Home Nations, not even with a vengeance. :lol: If we win at rugby, we win. If we lose, then it's because we weren't good enough on the day. I certainly wouldn't huddle together in a pub discussing my hatred of the team that beat me. It makes no sense. 

As said before, banter is banter, and that's all it is from my point of view and for most sports fans. But to the small minority of unsportsmanlike bigots who hate me, my country and my team purely because we beat them at a GAME, then it makes it even more delicious when we stick it to them for the 5th year on the trot.

Sadly there are those within all the home nations that harbour a hatred for those of a different nationality, it is something I struggle to understand.

Rivalry I enjoy and it is especially satisfying to put one over on the largest of our neighbours, but the hatred I just do not get.

34 minutes ago, crosswaters said:

Its sad to read about these  hateful comments and to think our ancestor's fought shoulder to shoulder together in WW1and 2  to keep our country free from evil, such a shame and I thought it was only banter also.      

This, I'm actually speechless to read one of the posters comments on this thread!

I have no problems with the English, just please go back and live in England don’t come over to Wales & don’t make any effort to speak our language, England as a country must be a right **** hole as you are moving over to Wales in mass, I don’t see many Welsh men going over your way.

Next post will be now my son or daughter is in a Welsh school talks fluent welsh & we bought a Welsh dresser only last week in a car boot sale lol

You can’t beat a bit of banter. 

1 hour ago, walshie said:

Apparently you can't be racist towards the English.

I don't hate any of the Home Nations, not even with a vengeance.  If we win at rugby, we win. If we lose, then it's because we weren't good enough on the day. I certainly wouldn't huddle together in a pub discussing my hatred of the team that beat me. It makes no sense. 

As said before, banter is banter, and that's all it is from my point of view and for most sports fans. But to the small minority of unsportsmanlike bigots who hate me, my country and my team purely because we beat them at a GAME, then it makes it even more delicious when we stick it to them for the 5th year on the trot.

Don't forget the world cup

11 minutes ago, blackbird said:

It’s only banter, don’t take it serious lol or they will be banning the six nations next

Hahahahaha

1 hour ago, walshie said:

Which is exactly why I didn't move to a part of Wales where the mentality is to hate a country just because they are better at a sport than you are. 

My, the evenings must just fly by where you are. Really? Grown men with nothing else to do but talk about how much they hate England. Most hated country in the world. Lol. 

And I won't  mention the forward pass that gave you your bonus point try against Scotland. 

As you said forward pass for bonus try not for the game 

29 minutes ago, Newbie to this said:

Speaking of World Cups, no wait Wales didn't make it to Russia :lol:

God forgive you for mentioning that game where you got to have an oscar before you can play and whats the point in qualifying when there is no chance of you winning 

Russia glad you going so they got someone to belt and you won't win that either

Edited by Rim Fire

54 minutes ago, blackbird said:

I have no problems with the English, just please go back and live in England don’t come over to Wales & don’t make any effort to speak our language, England as a country must be a right s##t hole as you are moving over to Wales in mass, I don’t see many Welsh men going over your way.

Next post will be now my son or daughter is in a Welsh school talks fluent welsh & we bought a Welsh dresser only last week in a car boot sale lol

You can’t beat a bit of banter. 

No, but my son is in a Welsh regiment in the Army Reserves and I had some cheese on toast the other night. :lol:

12 minutes ago, Rim Fire said:

God forgive you for mentioning that game where you got to have an oscar before you can play and whats the point in qualifying when there is no chance of you winning 

Russia glad you going so they got someone to belt and you won't win that either

And by that logic why do Wales bother playing in the six nations, with no chance of winning it. :whistling:

Like they saying goes 'it's the taking part that counts' and to do that you have to qualify.:lol:

4 minutes ago, Newbie to this said:

And by that logic why do Wales bother playing in the six nations, with no chance of winning it. 

Like they saying goes 'it's the taking part that counts' and to do that you have to qualify.

Because we have won it and took you out of your own world cup in you own backyard :whistling::sick: