six nations

bumpy22

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

13 penalties/Finn Russell/Hugh Jones class acts/ 10 turnovers... Scots killed England in turnovers...a total thrashing is the truth and the team that really wanted it got it and deserved it too.From the moment I saw the Scottish players faces as the bagpipes played flower of Scotland I thought on **** we are going to get one today...and boy did we! Well played Scotland great all round performance totally fair result..

England were absolute rubbish. 

They were complacent and looked too dim witted to challenge.

Advice for the England coach.. Just standing there looking like your chewing a wasp and going to destroy someone who says something you don't like doesn't make you team better. 

Edited by Paul1440

England have been playing poorly (but winning) for a long time. A hiding was coming. It wasn't a shock result or a surprise performance - Scotland have beaten every team in the top 10 world rankings in the past 14-16 months, with the exception of South Africa (who they haven't played yet) and New Zealand - who they ran closer than anyone else could in the Autumn.

1 hour ago, walshie said:

Alun Wyn Jones has to be the most unsporting bad loser I've ever seen. The only time he ever mentions the other team is when Wales have won. The rest of the time it is we, we I, I, rather than "the other team were better than us."

Yes! I noticed that at Murrayfield last year, he is a very poor loser. Not good for a captain IMO.

49 minutes ago, Clodhopper said:

The modern game is all about the breakdown and England got a lesson in how to play it.  Scotland were brilliant around the tackle area, generated fast ball for themselves and slowed England down on theirs. Underhill has the makings of a world class 7 which England so desperately need.

too slow i think he will be at 6. very good defence he is like a wrecking ball. just dont think he has enough with ball in hand to link play

12 minutes ago, bumpy22 said:

too slow i think he will be at 6. very good defence he is like a wrecking ball. just dont think he has enough with ball in hand to link play

It will be interesting to see how he progresses, lack of speed can be made up for by reading of the game. At his peak McCaw was not overly fast but was near the ball more often than not. But as you say 6 may be where he ends up.

15 minutes ago, bumpy22 said:

As a neutral I don't think he has enough between his ears!!  To get sent off like that when England were starting to look like they could pull it back is a shocking schoolboy error, much like the stupid pass at the end of the Wales / Ireland game which show up inexperience and lack of patience at international level.

Edited by hambone
has got time to improve

Just now, Clodhopper said:

It will be interesting to see how he progresses, lack of speed can be made up for by reading of the game. At his peak McCaw was not overly fast but was near the ball more often than not. But as you say 6 may be where he ends up.

one of my mates who used to play for bath sponsors him through his buisness. he said he is great lad when they have been out with him. certainly does not shy from a tackle

1 minute ago, hambone said:

As a neutral I don't think he has enough between his ears!!  To get sent off like that when England were starting to look like they could pull it back is a shocking schoolboy error, much like the stupid pass at the end of the Wales / Ireland game which show up inexperience and lack of patience at international level.

not so sure about that to be fair i did not see the ending only read report. but having to score in the final minutes you need to throw the hollywood pass. you have to try make or break

5 minutes ago, bumpy22 said:

one of my mates who used to play for bath sponsors him through his buisness. he said he is great lad when they have been out with him. certainly does not shy from a tackle

not so sure about that to be fair i did not see the ending only read report. but having to score in the final minutes you need to throw the hollywood pass. you have to try make or break

It was one of those moments when you shout 'NO' as the ball leaves the hands :no: However it is much easier to be a critical spectator than to be the man on the field so hats off to all representing their countries. :good:

1 minute ago, hambone said:

It was one of those moments when you shout 'NO' as the ball leaves the hands :no: However it is much easier to be a critical spectator than to be the man on the field so hats off to all representing their countries. :good:

i can quite imagine. you would swap with them anytime though if you had the chance mate

21 minutes ago, hambone said:

I only really watch international union so haven't seen much of underhill before but it was a costly mistake, at rugby league it would have been a great tackle. Wouldn't surprise me if he us dropped from the squad.

Haven't watched Ireland wales yet that's for Monday night, but look at Ireland keeping the ball alive against France and winning with the drop goal, at this level its all about tiny margins.

• 2 weeks later...