six nations

bumpy22

3 minutes ago, millrace said:

Apparently theres an english chariot blocking a side street in paris....local reports are the wheels are well and truly off..............................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roll on next saturday!!

As the song says ..... When will they ever learn.   Going to take another Blood Pressure Tablet. 

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

How to spoil an afternoon, watch England faffing around on a French rugby pitch!

Eddie Jones reckons they are only 2 or 3 % away from where they need to be, can't believe he said it without laughing!

It’s a linguist matter, he means they’re 2 -3% of where they need to be. Complete rubbish today, same as last time!

Congratulations to Ireland for their emphatic win over Scotland and for winning the 6 nations. I dare say the Grand Slam is on the cards too as the way England played their last 2 games, they won't trouble you.  

Well done. :good:

1 hour ago, JDog said:

England deserved to lose. Not once did the ball go down the line and no progress was made by the forwards.

agree england deserved to lose. but do not agree with the ball did not go down the line. it was usually being carried by one of the backline rather than going forward:no: 

a bit of a worry now with ireland next. the forwards seem to of lost all the fight. the back row are as mobile as a tonne of bricks. the backs cant run any angles of attack except sideways. apart from that there in good shape going towards the world cup.

44 minutes ago, blackbird said:

This year’s 6 nations has been a rollercoaster ride I would have bet the house on England Winning the championship, now we have to look forward to a football World Cup & watch 11 fairies kick a round ball round a field.

?I won’t be watching; it’s not compulsory! 

After the England v Italy match I said to my lady that England were not up to much.   We won the contest but Italy got in a couple of very easy tries that should never have been conceded by a world class team.   We should have won that match by about 70 to 0 - But we didn't.

Forget all the hype of pre season.   The wheels are firmly off the chariot and the Paris side street that millrace refers to will be blocked for a very long time.

Drawing boards should be got out and dusted. 

was out yesterday playing rugby then watching rugby and boozing the afternoon away, managed to avoid knowing anything about the game until I watched it this morning, shambles really, rarely looked threatening at all, need a proper good result in Ireland next week :sad1:

watching wales Italy, union is turning into a farce, wales lad just been sin binned for a good tackle, which if you slow it down enough and watch it twenty times looks like he made contact with the neck??? Looked a great tackle and if anything the Italian having a go at the player on the ground should have been banned.

as for England??? I expected a much different display. Thought the Scotland game would have given them a wake up call, but there didn't seem to be any real creative thinking.

All they can do now is try and stop Ireland getting the slam.

and I've been giving one of the dads at judo grief for weeks, and he's french:no:

I don't much care if England do stop Ireland winning the Slam. Unlike certain nations, spoiling something for one team isn't the same as winning it yourself.

About time we went back to the 5 nations in any case. Italy are an embarrassment.

27 minutes ago, walshie said:

I don't much care if England do stop Ireland winning the Slam. Unlike certain nations, spoiling something for one team isn't the same as winning it yourself.

About time we went back to the 5 nations in any case. Italy are an embarrassment.

Some teams have made hard work of breaking them down, I think they deserve their place in the 6 nations. :good:

1 hour ago, walshie said:

italy are vastly improved on how they used to be, and it's probably a cracking weekend away.

I don't expect England to beat Ireland and don't think they deserve too. But they will want to go out on a high, loose again and it's three on the bounce.

I think it would be a fairer competition without Italy. The bonus point against them is a given. It's purely a case of how many points you can put on them.

Apart from that, I genuinely feel sorry for them. Would you fancy turning up game after game knowing you were going to lose?

Just now, hambone said:

And mediocre for months, scraping wins and riding luck..:hmm::lol:

And beating Wales in the 6 nations for the 5th year on the trot. Just in case you had forgotten. :innocent: