bumpy22

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, walshie said:

I expect the Jocks are getting out the bottle of single malt they keep gathering dust in their cupboards for such an occasion. It's 10 years older than last time you had a wee dram. 

And you wonder why the Welsh, Scotch & Irish hate the English with a vengeance you can’t take take losing, you guys make a rod for your own backs. Man up good boy, no need for comments like this. 

Edited by blackbird

1 minute ago, blackbird said:

And you wonder why the Welsh, Scotch & Irish hate the English with a vengeance you can’t take take losing, you guys make a rod for your own backs. Man up good boy.

I don't wonder that at all, or care particularly. Note above I said well played Scotland.

2 hours ago, blackbird said:

I thought it was England would just turn up & win, Scotland well up for the win 

they needed to turn up for that mate. England had no urgency just did not seem to want to fight for the ball. but in contrast scotland were very strong. ref had a quality game .just a bit tough to not have the chance of a slam 

1 minute ago, bumpy22 said:

they needed to turn up for that mate. England had no urgency just did not seem to want to fight for the ball. but in contrast scotland were very strong. ref had a quality game .just a bit tough to not have the chance of a slam 

Didn't look like they wanted it, expected the Scots to just roll over I think, way to many mistakes and no real commitment at the brake down.

30 minutes ago, blackbird said:

And you wonder why the Welsh, Scotch & Irish hate the English with a vengeance you can’t take take losing, you guys make a rod for your own backs. Man up good boy, no need for comments like this. 

Really? It's called humour, and for the next twelve months we will man up and take it, unlike todays England players. 

2 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Exactly why not WELL DONE SCOTLAND YOU BEAT US 

They played well. Underhill needs a public birching for giving away 3 points and a yellow card at that stage of the game, but Scotland were the better team on the day. I said before the game good luck Scotland and may the best team win and they did.

Not sure what else I should say. I didn't know banter had been banned. Lighten up mate. 

1 hour ago, walshie said:

I expect the Jocks are getting out the bottle of single malt they keep gathering dust in their cupboards for such an occasion. It's 10 years older than last time you had a wee dram. :lol:

You would be welcome to share my bottle and we could trade insults :P

We might not win all that often, but when we do we make a job of it and enjoy it very much.  It did help of course that England forgot to turn up for the first 40 mins.

4 minutes ago, grrclark said:

You would be welcome to share my bottle and we could trade insults :P

We might not win all that often, but when we do we make a job of it and enjoy it very much.  It did help of course that England forgot to turn up for the first 40 mins.

I'm on my way. What's your postcode? :)

4 minutes ago, blackbird said:

Yes it’s only banter,  even better when the English guys bite 

It's only because we aren't as used to losing as some teams seem to be.  :whistling:

1 hour ago, walshie said:

They played well. Underhill needs a public birching for giving away 3 points and a yellow card at that stage of the game, but Scotland were the better team on the day. I said before the game good luck Scotland and may the best team win and they did.

Not sure what else I should say. I didn't know banter had been banned. Lighten up mate. 

England got lucky in that respect - countless penalties in the rucks, smothering the ball or playing it off their feet. There could well have been (and really should have been, it was relentless infringement) other yellows, and the yellow was the 2nd 'armless tackle' made in the game...

1 hour ago, blackbird said:

I honestly thought that England under Eddie Jones were invincible till today how. Wrong was I 

On the bright side that game could well set them up for the world cup, bit of a reality check.

1 hour ago, grrclark said:

in the paper this week Gavin Hastings said of his 60 odd caps beating England twice are his best memories of playing.