Watches

Robden

3 minutes ago, Pigeon Shredder. said:

Er, don't wear them then would seem the best bet.

"Oh my! I didn't think of that!" :lol:

I put a watch on in the morning when I get up. During the day someone may suggest doing something like shooting etc but I may forget to change my watch.  I've had to strip and re-lube quite a few watches that have taken in water because I've forgot to change said watch for a diver etc.

9 hours ago, Robden said:

"Oh my! I didn't think of that!" 

I put a watch on in the morning when I get up. During the day someone may suggest doing something like shooting etc but I may forget to change my watch.  I've had to strip and re-lube quite a few watches that have taken in water because I've forgot to change said watch for a diver etc.

I’m gonna sound like an **** but, you can strip and re-lube a watch but can’t tell if it can be used for an activity!!

4 minutes ago, Whitebridges said:

My omega is on my left wrist and i shoot from the right shoulder.

I'm puzzled as to why any watch would pack up working through shooting?   

I had mine on my right wrist and shooting a .357 magnum with my right hand seamed to do for mine :oops:

2 hours ago, Cosd said:

I’m gonna sound like an **** but, you can strip and re-lube a watch but can’t tell if it can be used for an activity!!

I've had watches pack up because they've been jarred so I just wondered if anyone has had a watch stop because of shooting. I can see by the comments that it seems unlikely. So thanks for bothering to answer. :)

You were warned, in my intro' that there will be some stupid questions.:unhappy:

Rob....

I always de-watch too now -- mostly because my usual watch is an Omega Planet Ocean that weights a ton -- it's like having 36" barrels! I used to wear a Steinhart automatic when shooting and guess what? it failed about 2 years in.. I hadn't /really/ made the link with shooting until a bit later.

I've just picked a Citizen eco-drive titanium (quartz) that is a light as a feather (in comparison) -- I'll try this one on from now on and see if it survives.

I think if you wear mechanical watches recoil and shocks/vibrations /are/ an issue. I'd rather not risk my fancy or vintage watches anymore. So de-watch or wear one that costs significantly less than your shotgun :-)