Moving forward from Big Cat sighting thread.

old man

Saw one twelve years back, wasn't the only chap in the village to have seen it either.

It was a dark night and I was out late with the dog when this long black beast that reached from one side of the track to the other from noise to tail slunk across 15m or so ahead. He paused and looked at us briefly before vanishing into the crop. The dog (who was just as scared as I was) and I turned back the way we came. 

One of the gamekeepers on the local estate apparently saw it too around the same time. 

Edited by Wb123

2 hours ago, Wb123 said:

Saw one twelve years back, wasn't the only chap in the village to have seen it either.

It was a dark night and I was out late with the dog when this long black beast that reached from one side of the track to the other from noise to tail slunk across 15m or so ahead. He paused and looked at us briefly before vanishing into the crop. The dog (who was just as scared as I was) and I turned back the way we came. 

One of the gamekeepers on the local estate apparently saw it too around the same time. 

Was that between great Strickland and little Strickland 2001 

I've seen one near the railway line at Hatfield peveral, a very brief encounter of a large black cat 15 years ago. It was seen from time to time by the land workers who reckon there was plenty to keep it fed around the area and along the railway line. There's fence along the railway line and A12 now to stop the deer and muntjac crossing.

10 hours ago, Pistol p said:

I've seen one near the railway line at Hatfield peveral, a very brief encounter of a large black cat 15 years ago. It was seen from time to time by the land workers who reckon there was plenty to keep it fed around the area and along the railway line. There's fence along the railway line and A12 now to stop the deer and muntjac crossing.

I also saw one on a elevated railway line many years ago on the Wirral.

Due to the rising number of large cat sightings on Cannock Chase it has been determined that a female lioness with cubs is probably roaming free. Human-lion encounters can be dangerous so we are warning anyone using the Chase in a recreational or work related capacity to take extra precautions.

We would advise anyone using the Chase to wear little bells on their clothing so as to give advanced warning to any lions that may be close by to avoid taking them by surprise. We would also suggest that people carry 'pepper spray'

Visitors to the Chase should be on the lookout for fresh lion activity.They should be able to tell the difference between lion and cub droppings.

Lion cub dung is smaller and contains lots of berry's and rabbit fur.

Big lion **** contains lots of bells and smells of pepper.

5 hours ago, Howling Hound said:

Due to the rising number of large cat sightings on Cannock Chase it has been determined that a female lioness with cubs is probably roaming free. Human-lion encounters can be dangerous so we are warning anyone using the Chase in a recreational or work related capacity to take extra precautions.

We would advise anyone using the Chase to wear little bells on their clothing so as to give advanced warning to any lions that may be close by to avoid taking them by surprise. We would also suggest that people carry 'pepper spray'

Visitors to the Chase should be on the lookout for fresh lion activity.They should be able to tell the difference between lion and cub droppings.

Can you get a male lioness then ?

5 hours ago, Howling Hound said:

Brilliant post !

Still laughing.