TPM sensors stolen

Davyo

Wife took my MX 5 to work this morning and left me with the Suzuki iIgnis (2017).Decident to go for a walk at the beach ,so took the car.Parked up in a car park at Seaham ( about a dozen cars parked up).I was gone for about 3hrs & on returning saw that one of the rears was flat.When i got close up to the car all 4 where flat to the point the car was on its rims.

On close inspection all 4 tires had a 4inch square hole cut out just below the TPM valves All 4 valves had been removed.Police came,went,then i waited for Suzuki to come and recover the car.

£250 for four new tires & £160 for TPM valves.Theiving scum,tires had only done 4k from the car being new.

Police officer said theh are seeing more & more where TPM valves are being stolen due to them being Manufacture specific.

1 hour ago, davewh100 said:

i hate stuff like this so pointless how long would it take to cut four sensors out, ?  total scum somebody must of noticed this happening 

Garage says it takes about 10 seconds per corner.They cut out a square with a stanly that immediatly deflates and gives them access to the sensor.They simple put their hand in and use a socket wrench in the valve (one twist and its out apparantly)

10 hours ago, das said:

If they were caught and had a finger per valve removed (surgically) it would probably put them off doing it again.
Sorry, but a chronic lack of deterrant in this place would never let this happen.

& there`s the problem,the lowlife are laughing at law & order which is feeble.

We`re at the point where petty thieves are prepared to ram Police vehicles to escape ,which to my thinking ,means we`re about to become a fairly lawless society,despite the nonsense Gov tries to feed us about crime levels.

Edited by matone

I dont know who im more angry at! The theif or the insurance.I have full cover with AXA with a £50 excess and a compulary £150.They hummed and harred from the 1st call (i dont think they knew that TPM is compulsary since about 2014.The idiot even said they where an accessory lol.Top and bottom of it,i got Suzuki to recover the car.Rather than wait for the insurance to get the knot out i paid for the new rubber and valves myself and stuck a new set of alloys in to boot.Insurance where eager to talk to me then though by increasing my premium (expected) by £12 a year.

Funny how they drag their feet when it comes to paying out,but are very eager to squeeze that little extra out of us.

My old wheels and tires are getting dropped off today so il get some pictures up of what the scum did.

I had similar when my spare keys were stolen. Car insurance didn’t cover them as the keys are classed as an accessory! House insurance didn’t cover it as it was for a car. The best bit was, after I reported my keys had been stolen I was no longer insured against theft as I hadn’t got the keys! It cost £1200 to get locks and keys changed on the cars! 

5 hours ago, Medic1281 said:

I had similar when my spare keys were stolen. Car insurance didn’t cover them as the keys are classed as an accessory! House insurance didn’t cover it as it was for a car. The best bit was, after I reported my keys had been stolen I was no longer insured against theft as I hadn’t got the keys! It cost £1200 to get locks and keys changed on the cars! 

You could have had the spare keys' signal removed from the vehicles memory. As a result, the spare key would have been unable to communicate with the vehicles' immobiliser or work the central locking. Depends on the key/car setup whether or not this is worth doing though.

9 minutes ago, Cannon said:

You could have had the spare keys' signal removed from the vehicles memory. As a result, the spare key would have been unable to communicate with the vehicles' immobiliser or work the central locking. Depends on the key/car setup whether or not this is worth doing though.

I wasn’t aware, not made aware that that would be an option. It was on a 56 plate Audi A3 and 57plate Nissan navara. It was 10 years ago! 

11 hours ago, Davyo said:

I dont know who im more angry at! The theif or the insurance.I have full cover with AXA with a £50 excess and a compulary £150.They hummed and harred from the 1st call (i dont think they knew that TPM is compulsary since about 2014.The idiot even said they where an accessory lol.Top and bottom of it,i got Suzuki to recover the car.Rather than wait for the insurance to get the knot out i paid for the new rubber and valves myself and stuck a new set of alloys in to boot.Insurance where eager to talk to me then though by increasing my premium (expected) by £12 a year.

Funny how they drag their feet when it comes to paying out,but are very eager to squeeze that little extra out of us.

My old wheels and tires are getting dropped off today so il get some pictures up of what the scum did.

An old friend of mine once told me that Insurance employees had special suits made for them. One arm on the jacket was around 3' long and the other 8".
you can guess which one was used for raking the premiums in and which one was for paying out:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Edited by das

Bit of that ‘fix by roadside’ foam and they will be fine Dave

In all honesty I’m astounded that people are thieving these, esp if you say they are Car specific- there can’t be a great demand for Suzuki parts surely.

Anyway, let’s hope there is a place in Hell specially reserved for them- that or they are force to live with Kim Kardashian as that’s got to be as bad

Jaymo, they are being stolen by Suzuki owners who's cars have failed MOT's because of these stupid sensors.

They are fitted to save fuel and to let the driver know when he has a puncture. 

If pressure goes down a warning appears so you pump up and dont waste fuel.

Unbelievable but true, gone are the days of checking your tyres on a Saturday morning.

One of mine failed, Vauxhall, £45 + tyre off + balance. They have a sealed battery fitted  and the life is about 5 to 7 years.

About the time skint people buy the car they cant afford to run !

Any warning lights and its an MOT fail.

Edited by mickyh