Lambton Chester le Street

Scully

1 hour ago, figgy said:

Have shot this in past years and it was a cracking day, they hold a few different shoots which one are you shooting ?

I haven’t shot it before but it’s the charity shoot on 21st April in aid of the Great North Air Ambulance. Mates have done it and like you say they reckon it’s a cracking day. 

Looking forward to it.

The ones I used to attend were NGO I think with 7 different themed drives  like partridge pigeon rough shooting duck blinds a rabbit shoot,  high pheasants off the castle turrets. A shoot over the river off the bridge. You we’re praying for the whistle to end the drive after shooting five of them, arms were tired. 

21 hours ago, figgy said:

The ones I used to attend were NGO I think with 7 different themed drives  like partridge pigeon rough shooting duck blinds a rabbit shoot,  high pheasants off the castle turrets. A shoot over the river off the bridge. You we’re praying for the whistle to end the drive after shooting five of them, arms were tired. 

Have done an NGO one last year but that was at Crabtree. Really enjoyed it.

I may still be going to Lambton but only as a spectator now; two mates backed out leaving us without a second team. Disappointing admittedlyid written a cheque out for two of us but luckily hadn’t sent it. Not to worry; maybe next year.

On ‎09‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 22:21, figgy said:

I shot the same stands it must be a decade ago  then it was the NGO and you were allowed to get to each stand using your vehicle because then the stands were in different parts of the estate   but I understand that was all stopped  ,I am afraid walking to each stand would be too much for me  now.

Feltwad

2 hours ago, Feltwad said:

I shot the same stands it must be a decade ago  then it was the NGO and you were allowed to get to each stand using your vehicle because then the stands were in different parts of the estate   but I understand that was all stopped  ,I am afraid walking to each stand would be too much for me  now.

Feltwad

That's going to be one of my problems, some ups and downs with distance between, struggled on some last year so this will not easier.

i said last year it was getting to much but forgot and paid again, it's a long drive, long day. 

Snarpeg

It’s a few years since I shot it and they had gone to carting you around in beaters wagons. Took a sodding age and ruined the day as we used to drive round and see where was less busy. Was a great shoot with some good targets, the lambton rat was a pig to shoot as it rolled down the bank to the river. 

• 1 month later...