that old bike project

Paddy Galore!

On ‎10‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 09:42, Rimfireboy said:

Nice to see the older bikes about. Thanks for that.

they're a rare find now, the f2 isn't as desirable as the 1000R, so most of them end up in the scrappy, last time I looked an '84 vf1000r went for over 12k at an auction in the states, i'd struggle to get 2k for mine even in perfect condition. but it's a nice civilised old gal, and comfy enough to put some miles down without my arthritic knees and wrists complaining.

Can’t help but re-visiting this thread as I’m so taken back to 87 and my ‘lusts’

one thing I did notice, that centrestand springs is a bit weak isn’t it as it looks to be hanging low ‘ oo errr mrs’

Or is it just an illusion from being on the side stand and the missing ‘meat’ from the original Honda pipes?

1 hour ago, Jaymo said:

Can’t help but re-visiting this thread as I’m so taken back to 87 and my ‘lusts’

one thing I did notice, that centrestand springs is a bit weak isn’t it as it looks to be hanging low ‘ oo errr mrs’

Or is it just an illusion from being on the side stand and the missing ‘meat’ from the original Honda pipes?

ah, you've sussed that too, the Yoshi's are a bit fatter than the originals so i'm going to have to modify the centre stand a bit (take it off and bin it)

is that a 350s stimo? very tidy job chap, I likee.

On 11/02/2018 at 18:32, Stimo22 said:

This is my 1986 project, just needs some side panels sorting and will get tested 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I had one of those SG's. Rear trailing arm was rotted through and the rear drum was shot when I bought it. Stripped it down, had the frame shotblasted and powder coated in metallic purple! Did the wheels and tank Porsche yellow. But never got around to rebuilding it. So sold it as a basket case.