Heads Up: PUBLIC AUCTION of Gun Shop Stock(Marchington) – Viewing 12th & 13th March

serrac

3 hours ago, Vince Green said:

That looks terrible, what happened?

Seems to be a new company (2014)

Welcome to FMJ Gun Shop

FMJ is Britain's newest gun shop; situated in the heart of the country in the delightful village of Dunchurch. Benefitting from easy access from the surrounding road and motorway networks and having private customer parking. FMJ also boasts an on site test area with state of the art Promatic electronic traps. We stock products from world’s leading cartridge

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Alycidon said:

Be aware that there is 20% commission and 20% VAT added to the hammer price,  thats 44% in total.  So things need to be very cheap.

When I went in there as a customer late last summer it was very much shotgun orientated.  

A

I may be wrong but I thought that the VAT was only on the value of the commission, making a total of 24%. Still something to bear in mind when bidding.

OB

1 hour ago, Old Boggy said:

I may be wrong but I thought that the VAT was only on the value of the commission, making a total of 24%. Still something to bear in mind when bidding.

OB

As above .  The VAT is in the commission not the purchase.

Looks to be a fair amount of stuff in the auction but as is often the case I can imagine that prices will exceed retail on much of it. Something about auctions that seems to make people lose control.

Edd

25 minutes ago, eddoakley said:

Looks to be a fair amount of stuff in the auction but as is often the case I can imagine that prices will exceed retail on much of it. Something about auctions that seems to make people lose control.

Edd

Great fun to watch though!

5 minutes ago, Marccus said:
  • Charges & VAT All bids placed are subject to the addition of both Buyers Premium (+20%) PLUS the further addition of VAT (+20%) incurred on top of all lots, unless otherwise stated. (i.e. £100 bid on a VAT: Y lot will result in an invoice total of £144)

Should that not be £140 , or is there other charges to.

I have bought other stuff off john pye please be very careful this auction may not be too bad as its all new stuff, but stuff I bought in the past was either not working or had lots of bits missing rendering it useless also when you bid with 10 seconds left it suddenly jumps to 3 minutes again to give other bidders more time its not like ebay the clock keeps going and going.

Also rumour has it staff bid up the items as I have seen stuff sell that I was outbid on only to see it appear in the next auction the following week

Read the reviews here https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.johnpye.co.uk before buying but please dont get carried away

I was collecting some stuff and there was a massive row in one shed where a customer had paid for an Item as you have to pay before you are allowed to collect it and when he picked it up it was broken but he viewed it 3 days earlier and it was in good order lets just say the staff are not very careful with the items when moving them around 

the correct price is a £100 item winning bid will have a total invoice of £144 taken from joyn pye website see below 

• Charges & VAT All bids placed are subject to the addition of both Buyers Premium (+20%) PLUS the further addition of VAT (+20%) incurred on top of all lots, unless otherwise stated. (i.e. £100 bid on a VAT: Y lot will result in an invoice total of £144)