Here we go again Another probable wazzing.

das

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Signed.

The R.S.P.C.A. have released figures stating the number of domestic animals being injured by air guns has escalated. They,  and other animal rights groups,  have been pushing for the Law to be changed so as to fall in line with Scotland. I live in an area where the hand gun ban has had a notable effect, we now have a shooting per week on average  !

It will spell the death knell of shooting sports airguns are a straight forward entry with little hassle to youngster who want to dip their toe into shooting put a licence in and a lot of people who are interested in trying it wont bother. I bet over 90% of the shooters on here cut their teeth on an air rifle.

The RSPCA as a totally political animal and they know this cut off the grass roots of the sport and they achieve their real aim which is to get rid of all shooting. 

Edited by Zetter

Signed, I read about that 13 year old lad who died in the local paper. While it's extremely sad that he lost he's life he was unsupervised using a home made air gun? 

As tragic as it is countless air gun owners are now gonna have to go through all this extra B.S because of a case of wreckless behaviour. 

Just my 2pence. 

13 hours ago, Zetter said:

It will spell the death knell of shooting sports airguns are a straight forward entry with little hassle to youngster who want to dip their toe into shooting put a licence in and a lot of people who are interested in trying it wont bother. I bet over 90% of the shooters on here cut their teeth on an air rifle.

The RSPCA as a totally political animal and they know this cut off the grass roots of the sport and they achieve their real aim which is to get rid of all shooting. 

yes agree, doubt anyone cares much about air rifles, but if it nobbles other shooting sports the sneaky lot will be happy.

signed only 9115 so far

here is the link to the article

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3755680/schoolboy-accidentally-killed-air-rifle-shot-neck/

it all sounds very odd: "The weapon, which was not made by a commercial manufacturer, was a .22 air rifle fashioned with a telescopic sight and silencer."

It could be loaded with up to nine pellets without them being visible, had no safety catch and could discharge without the trigger being pulled

the article quotes the law: "It is not an offence ... for a person of or over the age of 14 to have with him an air weapon or ammunition on private premises with the consent of the occupier."

The family are pushing for the law change: Speaking after the inquest, relative Zoe Wragge, speaking on behalf of the family, said: "Following the tragic death of Ben we very strongly feel that had the law on the licensing, registration and storage of airguns been amended in the past, Ben's death could have been prevented.

Despite the boy being 13 so clearly was breaking the current law- so how would a new law make any difference!!!!

[the father of the boy] whose house the boys were at, was a licensed shotgun and firearms certificate holder, and had his firearms locked in a cabinet as required by the law. He was also the owner of the air weapon in question.

which is odd because you would have thought someone with an FAC would have more sense 

I just don't understand how they think that a law change will make a difference as the type of people who do damage with air guns and shoot cats ect. aren't the type who will go down the police station (if you can even find one) and register for a license

Edited by SurreySquireler

Done!

As has been previously said, completely unnessesary, the law abiding will be the only ones to conform.

The best way of controlling air gun practice is with proper training and education. (From one who has run an airgun club for 30+ years. To my knowledge I havent heard of a single criminal act by one of our lads and adults and many have gone on to obtain their FACs. Many of the young lads I taught now run their own farms and guess who gets to use his own firearms there. Result!!!)

personally I would use it as an excuse to put in for an FAC as my current permission isn't too keen on that at the moment

but I agree for shooting over all it would be a disaster as I got into shooting through air guns as I am sure most people did

Edited by SurreySquireler