lakeside1000

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think they're divorced :lol:

It never even crossed my mind that it might be technically illegal.  But I'll stand by what I've said, and will continue to do the same in the future!

What's more likely to happen?  Someone coming along and digging up a buried misfire months/years afterwards when it's well and truly inert?  Or me carrying a cartridge in my hand, pocket, or vehicle that could possibly go off unexpectedly?  It's just common sense, which seems to have escaped a lot of people!

Not many of us shoot in places where the general public are free to roam around.

Edited by Jim Neal

50 minutes ago, Jim Neal said:

I think they're divorced :lol:

It never even crossed my mind that it might be technically illegal.  But I'll stand by what I've said, and will continue to do the same in the future!

What's more likely to happen?  Someone coming along and digging up a buried misfire months/years afterwards when it's well and truly inert?  Or me carrying a cartridge in my hand, pocket, or vehicle that could possibly go off unexpectedly?  It's just common sense, which seems to have escaped a lot of people!

Not many of us shoot in places where the general public are free to roam around.

In scotland we have a right to roam,regardless whether its legal or not if its not your land you should not leave your **** on  or in the ground,  . My opinion 

If a misfire was a regular occurrence ,then yes I agree we should know the safest way to dispose them , but I very much doubt I have had more than one in several1000 cartridges , so like I said in a previous post when I have had the odd one it have ended up in the dyke or the river , surely a bit of common sense don't come amiss. 

I try mine a second time, on the spot and if it ain't gone off then after 10 secs I take it out, slice the lead out (more to let moisture in and I still have all my digits btw) and drop it in a puddle, ditch or a deep enough hole I can stamp out with my boot to cover up.

My only issue is around here they metal detect a lot and i wonder if they can pick up a case buried? It's the only time I'd leave a trace of me behind as I get sick of dirty ******** leaving cases in the hedge where they've had a hide

1 hour ago, shootingmachine said:

I don't know what all the fuss is about bit I enjoyed reading it I missed my favourite soap because of that read fantastic fair play :good:

glad I came on tonight but i think others might be on the rag too...

If I have a misfire I generally bung it in a dyke or river. Last year when we dredge a stretch of river when clearing the spoil the.lads found several 303 live rounds dated 1945 ,we pulled the bullets of and ignited the powder, amazing after all those years in the river the powder was still viable.